• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Wordle-ing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All at sea, Yorks
    started a topic Anyone Wordle-ing?

Anyone Wordle-ing?

I was introduced to this word game a few days back and have enjoyed doing the daily challenge....with varying results! Anyone else been having a go?

Just google Wordle, it’s not on an App.

www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle

• Mrs M
    replied
    Wait for Wordle American spellings. That'll sort each side of the pond out!

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    As do the Maths symbols for me occasionally on Nerdle. Just done it in four. I'm slipping!

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Phew. I'm glad you posted first. Didn't want to seem a Wordle spoiler.
    The word was

Swill
    Oh yes, I remember that. I did think it was an odd word to pick, but valid nonetheless. The double letters catch me out occasionally.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    I think they are using lesser used letters of the alphabet now, especially on Quordle, I really struggled with KHAKI the other day. Still, gives the brain a bit of a workout.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Ah, that was yesterdays word. Took me four goes to complete the last two letters, having got the first three early on! Hey ho.

Haven’t tried either game yet today so can’t give any spoilers. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    Was it CAULK?

I first guessed CAULI but they didnt even recognise that. (Not a US word I suppose)!

My daughter said it had set off a twitter storm as regulars don't like the choice of words being used last week eg ULCER followed by ULTRA.

I expect some of them may have been using some choice words of their own!
    Phew. I'm glad you posted first. Didn't want to seem a Wordle spoiler.
    The word was

Swill

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Was it CAULK?

I first guessed CAULI but they didnt even recognise that. (Not a US word I suppose)!

My daughter said it had set off a twitter storm as regulars don't like the choice of words being used last week eg ULCER followed by ULTRA.

I expect some of them may have been using some choice words of their own!

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    I love Wordle and now Quordle and do them every day, but I cannot get my head around the numbers one.

What was the disputed word the other day?

Barb

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    I'm not a Wordle fan purely because I don't seem to do very well, but I managed it the other day [and in four], then had to laugh at those who said the word doesn't exist.

Ah
    Bless

Leave a comment:

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    replied
    Three is my best score so far - would hate to have not got it at all!

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Good for you giving it a go Barb. You did better than my first attempt, but it should get easier with a little practice.

Good to hear Mrs M is going great guns at Nerdle, my forte is doing the Mini one! 😀

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    Wow AAS, that gave me a headache!! I did it but it took the 9 tries to get them all . I'm really enjoying Wordle but cannot do Nerdle. Horses for courses I guess.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    I've found my niche and amazingly, it's to do with numbers. Classic Nerdle game = average three attempts. That and the daily Samurai will suffice.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Hi, for those who are still Wordling and perhaps would like a bigger challenge, here’s a variation for you....and not from the New York Times.

www.quordle.com

This game gives you four grids and four 5 letter words to complete at the same time. The grids are linked so your first word will show up in all four and any letters that are correct will show up as in Wordle.

In the menu just press the ‘?’ for instructions. The good news is that you get nine lives.

My effort yesterday was a bit better than Sundays, where I didn’t guess all four words in time!

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X