• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple starter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Simple starter

    I'd like to share a very simple starter that never fails to impress. Crab, rocket and pink grapefruit salad. Of course on Seabourn the crab is fresh, but it works just as well at home with tinned crab.

    Mix the crab with a small amount of mayo and season to taste.

    peel and segment the grapefruit

    Place a small helping of rocket on a small plate.

    divide the crab between the plates (one tin will feed four at a pinch) and place on the rocket

    ​arrange the grapefruit around the crab.

    with thanks to Executive Chef Gary Potiphar






    #2
    Sounds fabulous, love crab, but can’t eat grapefruit as it’s a no go with some medication I take

    Comment


      #3
      Been working through M&S 90% off food the last few days.(very quiet loads of options at 6pm)

      Crayfish mango rice rocket coconut chilli dressing very nice for 40p.

      Rocket & citrus dresses a lot of seafood option very well.

      I like prawn avacado rocket and lime.

      Comment


        #4
        Sounds lovely , just my kind of starter , must give it a go ,

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
          Sounds fabulous, love crab, but can’t eat grapefruit as it’s a no go with some medication I take
          Same here.............Wilba
          Wilba

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
            Sounds fabulous, love crab, but can’t eat grapefruit as it’s a no go with some medication I take
            Me too. Maybe could try it with orange segments instead. I do like crab. We had some fresh out of the sea in India. Not quite as tasty as Whitby caught but still good.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Wilba View Post

              Same here.............Wilba
              The joys of getting older!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                Sounds fabulous, love crab, but can’t eat grapefruit as it’s a no go with some medication I take
                Hi John
                Good bit of advice re grapefruit and medication not mixing,,,especially with some medications that control blood pressure.
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post

                  Me too. Maybe could try it with orange segments instead. I do like crab. We had some fresh out of the sea in India. Not quite as tasty as Whitby caught but still good.
                  Mango goes very well with crab and prawns

                  Comment


                    #10
                    One of my simple starters is..And I know some hate it, but its lightly grilled black pudding, On a bed of watercress, Pear and apple chutney on top and drizzled with Balsamic glaze. Yummy!! Jan.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jan lowden, sunderland (2) View Post
                      One of my simple starters is..And I know some hate it, but its lightly grilled black pudding, On a bed of watercress, Pear and apple chutney on top and drizzled with Balsamic glaze. Yummy!! Jan.
                      Now you’re talking 👍

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I would love this- but like others- can't with the meds!
                        Jo.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I also love crab but it looks like a good percentage of us 'of a certain age' are taking statins so have to avoid grapefruit. Sounds delicious for those that can eat it though.
                          Jill

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                            I also love crab but it looks like a good percentage of us 'of a certain age' are taking statins so have to avoid grapefruit. Sounds delicious for those that can eat it though.
                            I think I'd substitute orange, or melon with a citrus dressing.

                            Comment


                            We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.


                            By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

                            Working...
                            X