• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salad Cream Love it or hate it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salad Cream Love it or hate it.

Millennials try Salad Cream for the first time as Heinz rebrands | Daily Mail Online

Heinz to rebrand Salad Cream , some Millennials have never tasted it.
    For me one of the tastes of summer, along with British strawberry's.Nothing beats a nice fresh salad with salad cream on it.Love it on a salad sandwich .Some nice faces being pulled if you click on the link...Taffy
    ​Taffy

I love salad cream, and so does my daughter, although she's 29, not sure what generation the millennials are?

I especially like it on mashed potato's with salad, yummy .................................................. ......................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
      Millennials try Salad Cream for the first time as Heinz rebrands | Daily Mail Online

Heinz to rebrand Salad Cream , some Millennials have never tasted it.
      For me one of the tastes of summer, along with British strawberry's.Nothing beats a nice fresh salad with salad cream on it.Love it on a salad sandwich .Some nice faces being pulled if you click on the link...Taffy
      I love Heinz Salad Cream, there is always a bottle in our fridge. As well as Salads I also have it spread fairly thickly in meat sandwiches (ham, beef, chicken etc, which I have 2-3 times per week mid day, butter the bread first though. Also love it on tinned red salmon sandwich, but cannot stand tuna mayo.

Don't know any other member of my family who like salad cream.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I love salad cream amongst other salad dressings. In my fridge, we have several dressings to choose from.

When I was a kid, it was the only dressing my Mum ever bought for a salad. I don't even know if there was an alternative back then.

My family all like it too.
        Jill

Comment

Hate it. My father in law puts it on nearly everything, but not in my house!

Comment

Time for a Brexit thread I think. .....Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
              Hate it. My father in law puts it on nearly everything, but not in my house!
              Used to use it. Now replaced it with Mayonnaise.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                Used to use it. Now replaced it with Mayonnaise.

Annie
                Strange, I love Salad Cream but not Mayo, totally different taste in my view, although will eat it if no salad cream available.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                  Time for a Brexit thread I think. .....Neil
                  Na Neil!!
                  Some members think politics was ruining the forum,,,,,,yea right!!
                  This is what we end up with.

The OP of this thread Carol posted a thread a couple of years ago 'Do we leave or do we stay' it had 12,300 views.
                  How many views will this one have?

I said this forum will die if we take out the politics,,,,and it is!!!
                  And it's the fault of those who jump in with sarcastic comments against those of us who do like the politics threads.

Just put 'politics' into the search engine and see the thousands who viewed the politics threads,,,they where popular.

Rant over!!!I'm off to watch the grass grow.
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Morning jc
                    Politics isn't solely confined to Brexit...there are problems with trains, NHS, policing etc..
                    Personally I just got fed up with daily bulletins about Brexit and that's why I suggested a living Brexit thread where all such posts could be added.
                    The idea was rejected as threads drop off the lists if not used..well surely if it dropped off then than would show that they were not as popular as some would have us think.
                    All threads live and die by the subject matter...if it's not popular then it disappears off the radar.
                    As for the Brexit threads...they were just going round and round in circles.

Regards
                    Garfield

And to keep this on topic my preference is Mayonnaise as well.
                    Last edited by Garfield, Waterlooville; 7th June 2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                      Strange, I love Salad Cream but not Mayo, totally different taste in my view, although will eat it if no salad cream available.
                      Salad cream is now too sweet for me.

Annie

Comment

I stopped posting on the Political threads because they were were going over the same thing time & time again, especially in regards to Brexit.

Don't think it was the sarcastic comments against those who like political threads it was more to do with the sarcastic comments against those who had a different opinion.

At least Taffy & Carol are trying to keep the forum going with lots of different threads irrespective of the topic.

As for the grass growing, it had been growing in excess whilst I was away so I cut it yesterday.
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 7th June 2018, 10:55 AM.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Love Salad Cream, We never had Mayo in our house when I was young and my mates thought I was weird when I informed them I didn't know what it tasted like!! I also love sandwich spread, It makes my cheeks go all funny. I know, Weird !! Has anyone tasted Heinz Mayo?? Its far better than the so called leading brand Exceedingly good!! Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                            I stopped posting on the Political threads because they were were going over the same thing time & time again, especially in regards to Brexit.

Don't think it was the sarcastic comments against those who like political threads it was more to do with the sarcastic comments against those who had a different opinion.

At least Taffy & Carol are trying to keep the forum going with lots of different threads irrespective of the topic.

As for the grass growing, it had been growing in excess whilst I was away so I cut it yesterday.
                            Well said Delboy.

JC- as the ad would say........... Would you like Brexit with your salad cream.
                            Jill

Comment

I never buy salad cream. We use various salad dressings on salad and mayonnaise for sandwiches.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X