• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KFC out of chicken!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KFC out of chicken!

I can't help but find it hilarious that KFC is out of chicken! Apparently all because DHL's new system won't work. It's costing millions.

It begs belief that they made a big bang switch like this without sufficient dry-run cutover...

What I do find abhorrent in the whole situation is that many workers are not getting paid or are being asked to take holiday in the franchise outlets. Surely they should be making payment and seeking redress from DHL.

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
    I can't help but find it hilarious that KFC is out of chicken! Apparently all because DHL's new system won't work. It's costing millions.

It begs belief that they made a big bang switch like this without sufficient dry-run cutover...

What I do find abhorrent in the whole situation is that many workers are not getting paid or are being asked to take holiday in the franchise outlets. Surely they should be making payment and seeking redress from DHL.
    What does the contract of employment say?

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
      What does the contract of employment say?

Annie
      I'd hazard a guess the majority are on 0 hours. The article I read in the Mail didn't go in to those details

Comment

What got me was seeing people on the news who seemed to be in a complete state because they couldnt get KFC. There seem to be bigger isssues around I would say. Its not as if there is no other food anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
          What got me was seeing people on the news who seemed to be in a complete state because they couldnt get KFC. There seem to be bigger isssues around I would say. Its not as if there is no other food anyway.
          Completely agree Mags, it's horrible stuff anyway!

Comment

First world problems eh? Cant stand them of the other burger bars, Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
              Completely agree Mags, it's horrible stuff anyway!
              My opinion too. However I was surprised to see how popular it is in China and apparently in Japan it is the "in thing" to have on Christmas Day. Maybe they think it is typical Western food to have on a Western Festival, but orders are placed weeks ahead to be sure it will be available. No accounting for taste!

Sheila

Comment

Not first world problems for the staff on minimum wage who will not be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                  I agree.

Do most people care??

Annie

Comment

They don't have to ask employees to use holiday they can tell them to take holidays, that's the law.
                    With suitable terms in the contract they can override the statutory notice requirements otherwise they need to give twice the number of days notice of the holiday required.

I article I read say KFC owed outlets will be paying their staff(even those they probably don't have to by law)

Those working in franchise it's up to the owner to take the necessary advice, contractual hours should be paid, but it is quite easy to have contracts that can limit that liability(ZHC are not the only ones).

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                      My opinion too. However I was surprised to see how popular it is in China and apparently in Japan it is the "in thing" to have on Christmas Day. Maybe they think it is typical Western food to have on a Western Festival, but orders are placed weeks ahead to be sure it will be available. No accounting for taste!

Sheila
                      Because it is different??

Annie

Comment

I meant it in the context that its so typical of people who think the worlds coming to an end if they cant get their fast food/flat white/skinny latte. Not the poor kids on MW or ZHC. Jan.

Comment

Whether it's legal to force staff to take holidays is irrelevant in my view, in this case.This is not something the employees could have seen coming only the managers/owners. They should cough up and seek redress from DHL.

Comment

Whether it's legal to force staff to take holidays is irrelevant in my view, in this case.This is not something the employees could have seen coming only the managers/owners. They should cough up and seek redress from DHL.
                            I would love to know what the contract with DHL says.

Annie

Comment

In terms of fast food (what is the definition?)we are very very rare consumers:

Last burger, not home made and cooked at home was Burger King in Madrid +10 years ago
                              Last KFC, no idea maybe when the children were 10/12 so about 15+ years ago
                              Home delivery Pizza, as above for KFC
                              Indian Takeaway once in the last 5 years

Pizza eaten out, Pizza Express only around twice a year, we both do like the thin and crispy base, my wife has the one with a "salad middle)

John

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X