• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your Xmas clearance bargain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your Xmas clearance bargain

Most supermarkets clear their Xmas stock and Xmas branded stuff to make way for new lines.
    Some are a bit quicker than others, Tesco can still have xmas branded frozen stuff at Easter.

Waitrose was 75% off a lot of items.

Lindt Lindor Maxi Ball, 550g £2.50
    KP nuts in tins 75p
    Toblerone 360g £1 (only stocked for xmas)

Mince pies, shortbreads cheeses all getting cleared ASAP.

other sweets and biscuits.

Most stuff is gone in a day or two, last year our local struggled to get rid of the shortbread and that went to 90% off.

Have tesco got any turkeys left?

We're giving a party tonight for our friend whose birthday is NYE so will venture out for some party food in a bit

Comment

Our Tesco cleared their fresh ones on Tues got 4kg free range local farm for £10, jointed and in the freezer only room for one.
      Our Waitrose cleared them Xmas Eve,
      M&S had some fresh but you need a mortgage if theirs are not reduced.

Comment

My local Waitrose was the place to be last night. A weather episode was forecast, which has arrived, the managers worked hard to shift stock.

On much of their party food, freezable, discounts started at 90%. Many of W's high quality vegetables were priced in the range of 10p - 19p irrespective whether they were broccoli florets or large bags of Maris Pipers.

Some of their fresh meat, again freezable, was only discounted by 75%.

At the end of her shop, my sister produced one of W's 20% discount coupons. All in all a good night's work

As the weather event has arrived, I am indoors.

Annie
        Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 29th December 2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
          My local Waitrose was the place to be last night. A weather episode was forecast, which has arrived, the managers worked hard to shift stock.

On much of their party food, freezable, discounts started at 90%. Many of W's high quality vegetables were priced in the range of 10p - 19p irrespective whether they were broccoli florets or large bags of Maris Pipers.

Some of their fresh meat, again freezable, was only discounted by 75%.

At the end of her shop, my sister produced one of W's 20% discount coupons. All in all a good night's work

As the weather event has arrived, I am indoors.

Annie
          Sounds like a steal, Annie! Have seen pictures on the news this morning of how quick the snow has been falling up there

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
            Sounds like a steal, Annie! Have seen pictures on the news this morning of how quick the snow has been falling up there

I know - I am watching it falling steadily but I have seen much worse. Glasgow Airport closed. They forecast the snow could wash away later in the day - wait and see.

That was not my sister's best shop at W however, 2 or 3 years ago, she shopped at W one Christmas Eve bought over £100 of food and her total was - £4 approx. She had to buy something at full price to pay W £1 - alas those days have gone. W worked out where their software was going wrong

Annie

Comment

I must have hit Waitrose at the wrong time. Went in on Wed. No discounting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                I must have hit Waitrose at the wrong time. Went in on Wed. No discounting at all.
                I have people in for dinner tonight and also on NY Eve. I hit m&s this morning and found no discounting at all. Three large joints of beef, a side of salmon plus starters, puds, roast potatoes and all the other usual accompaniments plus my everyday shopping, I could have done with the till receipt 'spend £30 and get £5 off' voucher before hand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                  Store location is a big factor. The store we use is semi-rural, located high on a hill and footfall may be slower today because of the weather event.

My London based sister sees little discounting in her local branch but I have seen 75% discounts on fresh meat in a W near Finchley?

It does help if you know when your local W's final discounting session starts - we do.

Annie

Comment

We have friends round NYE, and have ventured out for more drink. 20 bottles of bud for £10 was my only find. I really didn't want to buy food ever again, I have eaten so much, but I'll have to offer the guests something ..........................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
                      The thaw has started . Let's hope it clears everything before nightfall.

Annie

Comment

I travelled home on the morning 27th, and couldn't be bothered to go out again in the afternoon.

I went to Waitrose on Thursday morning to get some stir fry veg. I came home with a Christmas pudding and mince pies. The Heston pudding started off at £14, and was down to £2.62. The mince pies were 45p for 6 - and delicious they are, too.

I'm sure there will be more bargains after NYE.
                        2018-
                        Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                        NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                        Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                        Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                        Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Our Waitrose refilled the shelf with mince pies and there are more out back,

got 0.55kg of Ubriaco al Prosecco £1.06

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                          best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                          agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                          X