• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food and Drink Which In Your Opinion are Overated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
    If anyone is interested there is a programme on TV tonight ( ITV 8.00pm ) Harbour Lives.

Ben Fogle meets a man who catches and cooks the fish served in his quayside restaurant .... sorry it doesn't say where in the TV listing but could be worth watching for any of you fish lovers.
    It was Poole and you can't much fresher than that Gentlemens restaurant.
    PM
    CANBERRA (STUFT) May 1982
    OCEANA 7-21 Aug 2010
    VENTURA 4-19 Nov 2011
    VENTURA Feb 2014

Comment

Originally posted by PM, SW View Post
      It was Poole and you can't much fresher than that Gentlemens restaurant.
      PM
      Good morning again PM,SW

It was certainly 'good TV' and drama.

Personally though I'd have been rather boot had I been a customer and seen so little 'fresh' fish on the specials board.

Makes one wonder what is on the rest of his menu.

Having said that, he is up against it in Poole, they have one of my favourite 'chain' seafood restaurants...

Loch Fyne Poole | Seafood Restaurants

Comment

Off today to meet Dancing Queen in York, for a girlie catch up and gossip.
        Not sure what kind of food we will be eating..but I know for sure we will be drinking lots of the fizzy stuff again.

Review later.........

Comment

Originally posted by spud, newcastle View Post
          Off today to meet Dancing Queen in York, for a girlie catch up and gossip.
          Not sure what kind of food we will be eating..but I know for sure we will be drinking lots of the fizzy stuff again.

Review later.........
          Enjoy. Personally. I'd go with S.B., but, remember the 'fizzy stuff' [assuming that's not sparkling water] will be more potent in this weather so make that a bottle between rather than one each.

Comment

I enjoy caviar, but only when it's served with plain biscuits, croutons and so on; I find it too strong when used as a garnish.
            G's just mentioned his starter in Sindhu, Azura....3 scallops, each with a minute drop of different seasoning-just enough to give a tang, but not enough to remove the full flavour of the scallop.
            Our local pub receives fresh langoustines from the nearby port, and always lets us know....yum!
            Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X