• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spitbank fort portsmouth/Solent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spitbank fort portsmouth/Solent

My wife & I have been invited to a party on Spitibank fort! & I am inquiring whether any of the members of this site have been there & what opinion of the place they have, It a long shot I know but a few of our members do live in the area.
    ]

We went there a few years ago for a friends birthday. It was a lovely place, and very different. Great watching the cruise ships sail past!

Comment

I've been looking at their website and it seems that you're in for a treat! Lucky you.
      Photos & Video�|�Spitbank Fort

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
        My wife & I have been invited to a party on Spitibank fort! & I am inquiring whether any of the members of this site have been there & what opinion of the place they have, It a long shot I know but a few of our members do live in the area.
        Another link here
        Private Island, Sea Hotel, Wedding Venue, Corporate Retreat, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight�|�Spitbank Fort

with reviews for the Sunday Lunch
        Last edited by pennbank, UK; 5th March 2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa, Kernow View Post
          I've been looking at their website and it seems that you're in for a treat! Lucky you.
          Photos & Video�|�Spitbank Fort
          Thanks for the link, It looks good my only concern is the steps from the boat on to the fort as my wife is no longer able to walk very far but, If she takes her time & a little help she should be able to manage them.
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by tuggy, warminster View Post
            Thanks for the link, It looks good my only concern is the steps from the boat on to the fort as my wife is no longer able to walk very far but, If she takes her time & a little help she should be able to manage them.
            Tuggy, I'm sure that your wife will be absolutely fine. Please tell her not to worry. There'll be folk on hand to assist if needs be. Just relax & enjoy yourselves. Best Wishes.

Comment

It's been a few years since I've been onto the fort, and that was for a wedding reception. It was quite basic when I went, but I believe it has been updated since. At the time, the cooking facilities were limited, and the food was OK but nothing special.
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thanks for the feedback it has been of great assistance, My wife & I are going & I will report back on the experience & maybe even a few photos of the place.
                ]

Comment

Wow! I think that looks amazing and what a great use of space. Would love to hear what you think when you get back..Carol

Comment

I didn't realise it had been done up to such an extent.....it must feel like being afloat!
                    Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X