• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foodstagraming...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foodstagraming...

Hi all
    In today's newspapers,,,,Foodstagraming,,,taking photo's of your food in restaurants.
    Restaurant owners in New York are getting fed up of it,,and are banning the practice.

I hope it doesn't spread,and our resident food photographer has to use surreptitious means to get his photo's to us.

Here's a link to the story...

Foodstagram: the restaurant trend that’s driving New York chefs crazy - Americas - World - The Independent

So be careful if you go to a New York restaurant on a cruise,,,hide your camera.!!!!

JC

Acknowledgement to Solent Richard for this photo in a New York cafe.
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Some not most JC, I think most of the resturants are delighted to see the photos published, it's only the very posh ones I think who want to protect their celeb customers who refuse to allow it.
    What better recommendation for a business than free advertising?
    As one said' what are you going do take the phones and camera's of the customers'?
    CC
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
      Some not most JC, I think most of the resturants are delighted to see the photos published, it's only the very posh ones I think who want to protect their celeb customers who refuse to allow it.
      What better recommendation for a business than free advertising?
      As one said' what are you going do take the phones and camera's of the customers'?
      CC
      Hi CG
      I think its the 'bad' photos they are concerned with,,due to bad light,useless cameras etc,making the food look bad.

Think of SR's photo of those kippers,,,i bet RCL would be delighted with that one!!!

There is another news item this morning,,,Graduates being paid to write bad Food/Restaurant/Hotel reviews.
      What damage could they do,accompanied by a badly taken photo?
      JC

Comment

Food presentation is an art form in itself, why be ashamed unless the restaurant is bad at it!
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
          Food presentation is an art form in itself, why be ashamed unless the restaurant is bad at it!
          Hi Malcolm.
          I agree with you,but thats a problem with food photos.......they dont tell you what the food tastes like.
          JC

Comment

So I won't be able to take photos of my Mactuckeyking Burgers any more then

Comment

Oh well, I hope food photographs continue to be smuggled out of the restaurants and onto the forum........they're amongst my favourite of all the photos.

Bob

Comment

Bob

Personally I cannot stand food photographs good or bad, although I have been known to take the odd one myself.

Probably because when it comes to food I am not very adventurous and only like what I like, most photo's I see of food put me off rather than entice me.

I have see some excellent photos of food especially from 5*/6* Ships dining rooms, and posh restaurants , rather than entice me to take a cruise with them, it puts me off, basically because none of the food appeals to me. Not knocking those who rave over theses menu's, but not for me.

Strange I was looking at a photo yesterday of the food at the Azura naming ceremony, the photo did not look very appetising, but in that case I enjoyed the food, Beef Wellington.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                  Bob

Personally I cannot stand food photographs good or bad, although I have been known to take the odd one myself.

Probably because when it comes to food I am not very adventurous and only like what I like, most photo's I see of food put me off rather than entice me.

I have see some excellent photos of food especially from 5*/6* Ships dining rooms, and posh restaurants , rather than entice me to take a cruise with them, it puts me off, basically because none of the food appeals to me. Not knocking those who rave over theses menu's, but not for me.

Strange I was looking at a photo yesterday of the food at the Azura naming ceremony, the photo did not look very appetising, but in that case I enjoyed the food, Beef Wellington.
                  Fair enough Delboy............we're all different. I prefer any on-board shot to scenic photos and my favourite part of any cruise day is in the bars and restaurants in the evening. Photographs taken in these venues are therefore my favourite and I can't look at enough of them.

Bob

Comment

I see nothing wrong with taking a photo of a meal provided you do it quickly but I do object to the awful adulteration of the English language.

"Foodstagraming" what an abomination. .......Neil

Comment

Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                      Fair enough Delboy............we're all different. I prefer any on-board shot to scenic photos and my favourite part of any cruise day is in the bars and restaurants in the evening. Photographs taken in these venues are therefore my favourite and I can't look at enough of them.

Bob
                      Hi Bob,
                      Your post intrigued me, What photos do you take and what are you preferences? The reason I ask is that I album all our holidays, nights out that are special with a commentary, I even fill in a diary because I can forget things. My Darling used to be my backstop but she is getting as bad as me now (Oh no I am not she says) Too much pantomime, that's her trouble. Is this off topic, do you think.? I wouldn't want to cause a fuss.
                      Ta ra,
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                        I see nothing wrong with taking a photo of a meal provided you do it quickly but I do object to the awful adulteration of the English language.

Hi Neil

Foodstagraming...
                        Sorry,my fault,there should be two 'M's.
                        JC

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post

Foodstagram is just a 'name' - a noun - just a derivative of Instagram from Apple/iPhone.

It's just a 'name' and no more an adulteration on the English language than the made up names Neil Down and Ida Down.

cheers
                          Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by gardeners, bracknell View Post
                            Hi Bob,
                            Your post intrigued me, What photos do you take and what are you preferences? The reason I ask is that I album all our holidays, nights out that are special with a commentary, I even fill in a diary because I can forget things. My Darling used to be my backstop but she is getting as bad as me now (Oh no I am not she says) Too much pantomime, that's her trouble. Is this off topic, do you think.? I wouldn't want to cause a fuss.
                            Ta ra,
                            Alan
                            Hi Alan,

I'm not a keen photographer so just snap away at anything. My point was that I like to see photos on the forum as they say so much more than just words. I get so much enjoyment from other people's photos that I've started adding some of my own.

I particularly like photos of inside the ship, and as I say, I love evenings on board spent in the bars and the restaurants. We love speciality dining so I'm more than happy to see photos of these venues and that includes the images of the food that's on offer.

I'm happy to look at landscapes too...........but the shots of cabins, bars, restaurants, food and drink are the ones that I most enjoy.

I love the idea of your albums with the commentary and they must be great to look back on. I'm afraid all our photos just pile up in a cupboard but we have our favourites looping on the PC as a screen saver.

Mind you, we're creating an album of our last cruise.........and the few hours preceding it

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
                              Hi Alan,
                              I'm not a keen photographer so just snap away at anything. My point was that I like to see photos on the forum as they say so much more than just words. I get so much enjoyment from other people's photos that I've started adding some of my own.
                              I particularly like photos of inside the ship, and as I say, I love evenings on board spent in the bars and the restaurants. We love speciality dining so I'm more than happy to see photos of these venues and that includes the images of the food that's on offer.
                              I'm happy to look at landscapes too...........but the shots of cabins, bars, restaurants, food and drink are the ones that I most enjoy.
                              I love the idea of your albums with the commentary and they must be great to look back on. I'm afraid all our photos just pile up in a cupboard but we have our favourites looping on the PC as a screen saver.
                              Mind you, we're creating an album of our last cruise.........and the few hours preceding it
                              Bob

Bob

Here is one just for you (sorry off topic) Royal Promenade IOS

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X