• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seafood, the cruise lovers guide.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbybuoy, peterborough View Post
    I saw this on the menu in Sindhu and nearly ordered it. It then struck me that I might get a complete small crab on my plate so decided against it. Looks like I was right. I'm a bit squeamish about some things so probably miss-out on some nice flavours

Bob
    Bob, it was the outstanding dish on the Sindhu menu.

Bite the bullet, or in this case the crab.

Comment

Well just before I head off for the weekend, its not all about dining out you know. There is plenty of great ideas for enjoying fish and seafood at home...

Marinated in Olive Oil, Garlic and Parsley...

...and grilled...

Or even some Tuna Loin...

Two minutes each side in a red hot griddle pan and served with a Mango Salsa...

Comment

Originally posted by Solent Richard, Lee on the Solent View Post
        Such style Helen, I do love you.

This was an oyster Medley I tried in New York's Grand Central Oyster Bar...

I reviewed it at...

Travel Reviews, Hotel Reviews, Mature Travel Advice, Silver Travel Forum
        Looks very enticing Richard – as before I'll down the “raw & fresh” for another generous donation to charity
        The cooked oysters…now I can cope with those!
        Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Well just before I head off for the weekend, its not all about dining out you know. There is plenty of great ideas for enjoying fish and seafood at home...

Marinated in Olive Oil, Garlic and Parsley...

...and grilled...

Or even some Tuna Loin...

Two minutes each side in a red hot griddle pan and served with a Mango Salsa...

Sardines wonderful, just how I like them....
          Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Originally posted by Alan V., Southampton View Post
            So I am sort of right, a dish prepared at home with Mrs Solent Richard supervising..........
            Good morning Alan.

Mrs SR's role at Solent Towers is that of the Sommelier, a function she is particularly adept at.

Who knows, you may even get to enjoy the service yourself one balmy summers evening.

Comment

Richard, that Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab from Sindhu's looks delicious. We're going on Azura later this year and I'm really tempted to order it. I adore crab but have never eaten a soft shell one. I take it that if it's to be eaten whole, shell and all, that they will have removed it's gills, dead mans fingers ? Or does it not matter with a crab that size?

Comment

Having eaten in some of the top restuarants around the world plus the delights of Singapore and rangoon street joints I thought that I could eat and enjoy almost any seafood dish,But I found to my cost that oysters and scallops were the two most horrible dishes on this planet(I have even tried sheeps eyes in Jeddah) To actually see someone slipping a oyster into their mouths turns my stomach. jim

Comment

Such style Helen, I do love you.

This was an oyster Medley I tried in New York's Grand Central Oyster Bar...

I reviewed it at...

Travel Reviews, Hotel Reviews, Mature Travel Advice, Silver Travel Forum

For oyster lovers sounds & look wonderful!
                  Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

Good morning Alan.

Mrs SR's role at Solent Towers is that of the Sommelier, a function she is particularly adept at.
                    Who knows, you may even get to enjoy the service yourself one balmy summers evening.
                    A wonderful dish, please can I come?
                    I'll bring the wine and assist Mrs SR opening and also help with consuming
                    Lancashire Cunarder

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X