• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yorkshire puddings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yorkshire puddings.

Hi all
    Yorkshire puddings with Christmas dinner?.....Yes/No.

My wife says....Never.

JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Oh yes. We went out for Xmas dinner once, and there were no yorkshire puddings with the turkey. My family were not happy bunnies.

So it's a yes, for our family .................................................. ...Carol

Comment

Yes from us, with lots of different vegetables -roast parsnips, carrots, brussels, onions, green beans, peas, roast potatoes.

Comment

Of course! Why not?
        See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

No, never. Surely only with roast beef, at least in our house.

Comment

You would never hear the end of it if Christmas dinner was served without Yorkshire puddings in our family. Homemade not shop bought, think my wife cooked 80 Yorkshire individual puddings last Christmas/Boxing day, she puts them in bags and freezes them prior to Christmas Day

Any roast dinner irrespective of the meat without Yorkshire puddings would be regarded as a failure.

There also has to be a bottle of brown sauce for our 50 year old son who never has gravy with a roast.

0E7049E6-5EC9-4365-A288-DF65F98A4226.jpeg

576B97E7-57A5-4C55-9501-3C8DD1B821E3.jpeg
            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 11th December 2020, 04:50 PM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
              No, never. Surely only with roast beef, at least in our house.
              I know few Scots who eat Yorkshire Pudding with any meal.

Annie

Comment

Yes definitely Yorkshire puddings with roast dinners, although in my case no meat , as I’m vegetarian. Just a big variety of lovely vegetables without any gravy. Who needs meat?

Comment

Always. It's about the only time we do have Yorkshire puds.

Comment

My grandchildren would never forgive me if any roast dinner was served in my house without Yorkshire puddings . I think it’s whose around the table that matters the most. Maybe it’s my cooking as I don’t know why, but cooking Xmas dinner always stresses me out . Yet in reality it’s just a posh Sunday lunch. 🎄

Comment

Hi all
                      Of course its Yorkshire pudding with Roast (Beef) Dinner.
                      The question is do you have them with Christmas dinner (Turkey),,,,,,,,do you have them with Fish & Chips or Spaghetti Bolognese.
                      What about Sausage,Egg,Chips and Yorkshire pudding.

Of course in Gods Country we will have Lancashire Hot Pot with a Suet Crust,,,,,,but with Yorksire pudding......nor on ya Nellie!!!!

JC
                      Last edited by jc, liverpool; 11th December 2020, 05:41 PM.
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Flintshirelady, Rhyl View Post
                        My grandchildren would never forgive me if any roast dinner was served in my house without Yorkshire puddings . I think it’s whose around the table that matters the most. Maybe it’s my cooking as I don’t know why, but cooking Xmas dinner always stresses me out . Yet in reality it’s just a posh Sunday lunch. 🎄
                        We were both brought up to have Yorkshire pudding with roast beef only and that was how it was in our house until second daughter in law came along.. Their children have Yorkshire pudding with just about everything except pasta. If we go to their house for Christmas dinner, as we are hoping, I'm sure it will be on the menu.
                        Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                          Hi all
                          The question is do you have them with Christmas dinner (Turkey),,,,,,,,do you have them with Fish & Chips or Spaghetti Bolognese.

Of course in Gods Country we will have Lancashire Hot Pot with a Suet Crust,,,,,,but with Yorksire pudding......nor on ya Nellie!!!!

JC
                          Toad in the hole, with egg and chips.....why not?

Could eat pretty much anything served in a Yorkshire Pudding bowl

Comment

We used to have ours as afters with a dollop of strawberry jam.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                              Hi all

JC
                              That is a no, no, no and no

Sausage, Egg and Chips - is that really an evening meal?? I ask as egg intolerant, I would never think of it as a meal

Isn't it strange how different countries serve the same food differently - e.g. chili con carne often served alone in a soup bowl in USA..

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X