• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat out to Help Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giggle it was.

standard lunch deal we know we like.

5% vat on the receipt like it should be.
    IMG_20200807_121901.jpg

Comment

We grabbed a managers special F and C at the spoons to share before heading out to comedy yesterday 2.5hr in the sun plenty of vitamin D produced.

4 good acts, the venue can attract top names as they want to get back to work in front of real people.

Week two of eat out.

we kicked off with two BLT, a chicken wrap with chips, 3 bottles of Aspall draught cyder and a tin of ginger beer, just under £10 as a very late lunch/early evening.
      Would have had 4 beers(£8) anyway.

Adding a sandwich/wrap is cheaper than the drink only price.

Trying to decide where to go Tue and Wed Thai and Indian top of the short list checked some Japanese/sushi with good reviews not on the scheme.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

We are eating out tomorrow in Port Solent. I wanted to go there because I can drool over the yachts in the Marina and enjoy the sea breeze for a while.

Suffice to say, it's not a 'Spoons'.

Jill

Comment

A delicious Sausage and Bacon baguette for breakfast for less than £2.

Comment

The numbers are in for the 1st week of claims ; 10.5 million covers with an average claim value of £5 per cover.

Annie

Comment

This is interesting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...l%20stress%22.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                It wasn't compulsory, if you were already busy, would struggle with social distancing and did not want more customers during August, why sign up???

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

It wasn't compulsory, if you were already busy, would struggle with social distancing and did not want more customers during August, why sign up???
                  Completely agree.

Some of my favourite eateries did not sign up.

Annie

Comment

I have been using both, those signed up at beginning of week and those not signed up end of week and weekend. The smaller pubs that do not do food I have been using for drinking........I am doing my bit for the economy

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Completely agree.

Some of my favourite eateries did not sign up.

Annie

How do you know Annie, have you visited them.

I would not have a clue which of our local eateries have signed up, would only enquire if intending to visit.

I agree about it not being compulsory.
                      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

I would not have a clue which of our local eateries have signed up, would only enquire if intending to visit.

You just go online and use the postcode checker. It lists every place near you that has signed up

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

You just go online and use the postcode checker. It lists every place near you that has signed up
                          That is how I discovered my favourite eateries were NOT on the list. Not surprised.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

Hi Del
                            Here you go,,,,,,

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKE wj23IfsyJ_rAhVhoXEKHeZ_CDgQFjABegQIAxAB&url=https% 3A%2F%2Fwww.gov.uk%2Fguidance%2Fget-a-discount-with-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme&usg=AOvVaw0fBLO3bVLW9wRHsB2QMQcV

My local coffee shop signed up,,,,only £1.05 for my morning Americano.

JC
                            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X