• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eat out to Help Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eat out to Help Out

Give yourself a break from the kitchen, Eat out 13 days in Aug

Support some of your local places (over 50 within 5 miles of us)

handy postcode checker

also a list of chains that have signed up

even consider combining with a day out somewhere and do a nice lunch or early dinner, on good weather days eat outside if not comfortable with inside eating yet

We will probably do some at the spoons and it will be interesting to see how they combine their current meal deal discounts with the help out because.

Eg The F&C with a Guinness(£3) regular price £10.80, deal £8:10, apply the deal discount to the alcohol would drop to £4:20, if they just take the drink price off and do 50% its £5.55, with regular item pricing £6.90

I’m still shielded for another 14 days, so no eating out for me. I’m very fed up with it, but don’t feel safe in crowds.

Comment

Our favourite Indian is participating, and we have our table booked.

Comment

Those of us who met last night for a BBQ, decided eating at friend's houses was just as good as going out to a restaurant although when our favourite Indian restaurant opens we'll all go, but to give support rather than because it's a cheaper meal.

I continue to be astonished at the number of people who are ''eating out'' in our village, a village with fifteen eateries. They all seem to be doing a steady trade and I see queues at one of them. We will not be joining them.

Comment

We are eating out on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. We have booked the first two, neither of which are on the list and the third is a BBQ.

Hey ho, we will enjoy each experience and won't worry about the discount.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
            I’m still shielded for another 14 days, so no eating out for me. I’m very fed up with it, but don’t feel safe in crowds.
            We have a shielder that has been coming to the pub for a few afternoons a week last month, there are a couple of other regulars that should be on the list not sure never asked them

Our regular Indian which would be very save to eat in as it is often empty before 8pm) does not seem to have joined but there are others that are also normally very quiet early evening.
            The Thai places have so will use them.

Comment

We have 2 local Indian restaurants that are on the list, one of which we visited 2 weeks ago. We went early and enjoyed our meal in a safe environment.
              Jill

Comment

Away for a few days during August, so will try out a few new places.
                Will use the app as won't know the area or restaurants, so will be good to get an idea of any within 2 miles. will walk around and pick somewhere that looks reasonable and fairly quiet.

Comment

Hi all
                  Its a pity alcohol isn’t included
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    Those of us who met last night for a BBQ, decided eating at friend's houses was just as good as going out to a restaurant although when our favourite Indian restaurant opens we'll all go, but to give support rather than because it's a cheaper meal.

I continue to be astonished at the number of people who are ''eating out'' in our village, a village with fifteen eateries. They all seem to be doing a steady trade and I see queues at one of them. We will not be joining them.
                    Some village with 15 eateries. More than many towns around here.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                      Always thought ours was a largish village and we have one

Comment

Look at somewhere like Berkhampsted more of a one road town but a high street dominated by eating places.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                          One or two became very successful with incomers and you know what is said about success. Sadly. It showed the effect on the place during lockdown as it made for ''ghost town'' until they were allowed to reopen. It was so quiet, and lovely!

Comment

There are 2 good hotels not far that we like. We have a booking at one for its 1/2 price afternoon tea, that makes the price very reasonable. If it works well we may go again later in the month. The menu is sufficient to make it a light meal of the day. Traditional Sunday lunch is booked at the other, just because they are restarting their popular event again later this month. They are not doing the deal and it is not inexpensive, but as we like the experience on 'high days and holidays' we just want to be there again.

Restaurants, pubs and cafes are only opening here tomorrow, and not all are doing so. It will be quite a novelty to eat out or have a coffee but we shall be selective about venues.

Comment

A few round us that are good/pricey places never shut they continued to supply their regulars through takeaway services.
                              One we use occasionally(20min drive) got the decoration done.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X