• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flipping ‘eck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemon and sugar, or cherries with ice cream.

Comment

Not too thick with lemon and sugar, jam or honey but not maple syrup. I was recommended the American blueberry pancakes on Insignia but they were thick and were more like sponge cakes. Once I put the maple syrup on one to try it I could have been sick! YUK!!!! Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
        Usually Scottish pancakes, hot with butter but went out with friends today to a pancake restaurant for lunch so had buttermilk pancakes, banana, coconut ice cream with hot fudge sauce.
        Hello from New Orleans - the home of absolute madness. Halloween on steroids springs to mind. Never seen anything like it. Anyway, back on point .......OMG, my favourite ice cream......that sounds fab. Haven’t had coconut ice cream on the cruise yet. Think I’ll put a request in tonight. 🥥

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

Hello from New Orleans - the home of absolute madness. Halloween on steroids springs to mind. Never seen anything like it. Anyway, back on point .......OMG, my favourite ice cream......that sounds fab. Haven’t had coconut ice cream on the cruise yet. Think I’ll put a request in tonight. 🥥
          hello from sunny Glasgow Mike. I’m so glad your enjoying Nawlins. It’s so different from well anything. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and order that coconut ice cream. 🍨

I love coconut ice cream, raspberry ripple, vanilla, strawberry, macaroon, tablet........................As long as they’re either Soaves, Equi’s or Coia’s ice cream. 🙈😂😂
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I was always under the impression that very little actual cooking went on at Little Chefs (or Little Thief as my brother used to call it). More like defrost, warm up and plate. We used to visit one on the way home from Shrewsbury which always seemed to be run by gormless teenagers without proper supervision. We were in hysterics once when we asked a waiter to omit the garden peas as my late mother in law hated them. He said that they couldn’t do that as the meal came with peas!

Comment

Early 90s to mid 2000s. The one in Buttington. We used to stop there as parking was easy - and remember, no drive throughs around here in those days and it was convenient with the children and mother in law in tow. They would all need the toilet on the way home too so it was an easy stop. Google it for photos - I hardly think any so called celebrities would stop there.
              I think that the breakfasts were their best offering. My husband used to joke that I could probably get a job there and I’m NOT a good cook!

Comment

Pancakes as my mother used to make, lemon juice and sugar, my GC .
                sigpic

Comment

Seabourn do very thin Swedish ones with berries and cream. Also of course American ones with whatever takes your fancy Iike blueberry and banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                    Seabourn do very thin Swedish ones with berries and cream. Also of course American ones with whatever takes your fancy Iike blueberry and banana.
                    Funnily enough my kids couldn’t understand why pancake day was such a big deal to their friends when they had American Pancakes every weekend when they were growing up.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X