• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine offers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wine offers

    Tesco have some good wine offers on at the moment.

    Our house/quaffing wine, Brancott Estate Sauvignon blanc comes in at £7.50, [£2 off] not particularly wow'ishly cheap, but deduct the 25% offer if buying 6 or more bottles and it becomes a very good buy. I have ordered two cases, to be delivered. No charge for delivery on a £40 or more purchase.

    #2
    Thanks, some decent offers there, only problem is that once it's in the house it tends to get opened, never mind.

    John

    Comment


      #3
      Not in Scotland .....Queen Nicola dictates we can’t be trusted to drink responsibly. We’ve also had a couple of Majestic offers via Amex recently but declined at the checkout when applying our post code.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        Not in Scotland .....Queen Nicola dictates we can’t be trusted to drink responsibly. We’ve also had a couple of Majestic offers via Amex recently but declined at the checkout when applying our post code.
        This is one of the only 2 SNP policies with which I agree.

        Possobly time to roll out RUK??

        Annie

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

          This is one of the only 2 SNP policies with which I agree.

          Possobly time to roll out RUK??

          Annie
          personal choice? Why should the state dictate these things?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

            personal choice? Why should the state dictate these things?
            To save the NHS money??

            We apply lifestyle taxes to cigarettes - I just view it as an extension of that policy.

            Better still, maybe we should follow the example of Oz with bottle shops??

            Annie

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

              To save the NHS money??

              We apply lifestyle taxes to cigarettes - I just view it as an extension of that policy.

              Better still, maybe we should follow the example of Oz with bottle shops??

              Annie
              Perhaps fund better services for problem drinkers, no need to punish everyone for the sake of the few? Not everyone who buys 6 bottles of decent wine drinks them all in one sitting for goodness sake.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

                Perhaps fund better services for problem drinkers, no need to punish everyone for the sake of the few? Not everyone who buys 6 bottles of decent wine drinks them all in one sitting for goodness sake.
                Have we found a money tree??

                Annie

                Comment


                  #9
                  Most of the cost of a bottle is duty - https://www.wsta.co.uk/resources/facts-figures

                  That's why when you look at wines at about £8 a bottle they're double or triple the quality of £4-5 a bottle wines

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                    Have we found a money tree??

                    Annie
                    FGS don't turn it in to politics! I'm meaning fund alcohol services with the duty already being charged

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post

                      FGS don't turn it in to politics! I'm meaning fund alcohol services with the duty already being charged
                      Honestly I am not turning it into a politics thread

                      I just wish we all paid sufficient tax to fund the NHS properly - really don't care the about the source of the funds.

                      I think this was the reason for the policy:

                      https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/news/nr/...years-1.718406

                      I am not advocating Prohibition

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                        Thanks, some decent offers there, only problem is that once it's in the house it tends to get opened, never mind.

                        John
                        Luckily for my liver, I'm becoming a cheap date.

                        I can't knock it back as much as I used to so a bottle doesn't have The Pringle effect [can't open without finishing it off] anymore. However, we do like to be hospitable and the Tesco offer helps.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                          Not in Scotland .....Queen Nicola dictates we can’t be trusted to drink responsibly. We’ve also had a couple of Majestic offers via Amex recently but declined at the checkout when applying our post code.
                          I hadn't realised you couldn't buy multiple amounts. How many can you buy in one go?

                          I hope that doesn't come in in England, it's nice to buy in bulk to save a bit of money, I like to have drink in for guests, .................................................. ..............Carol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

                            I hadn't realised you couldn't buy multiple amounts. How many can you buy in one go?

                            I hope that doesn't come in in England, it's nice to buy in bulk to save a bit of money, I like to have drink in for guests, .................................................. ..............Carol
                            Carol, it’s very frustrating as the vast majority of Scots drink in moderation, myself included, but to be dictated to by the SNP government is unfair and undemocratic. It’s to save money for the NHS (allegedly) but minimum pricing on alcohol doesn’t work in my opinion. Heavy drinkers will continue to drink no matter what the price is.. We can walk into Tesco and buy 30 bottles of wine if we wanted to but obviously at a much higher cost than anywhere else in the UK. Very few bargains exist nowadays and wine prices in particular are through the roof. It is what it is, we simply can’t avoid it other than travel to Carlisle to make our wine purchases

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

                              Carol, it’s very frustrating as the vast majority of Scots drink in moderation, myself included, but to be dictated to by the SNP government is unfair and undemocratic. It’s to save money for the NHS (allegedly) but minimum pricing on alcohol doesn’t work in my opinion. Heavy drinkers will continue to drink no matter what the price is.. We can walk into Tesco and buy 30 bottles of wine if we wanted to but obviously at a much higher cost than anywhere else in the UK. Very few bargains exist nowadays and wine prices in particular are through the roof. It is what it is, we simply can’t avoid it other than travel to Carlisle to make our wine purchases
                              JMO - I don't think change of government in Holyrood will reverse the 2012 legislation.

                              We need a roll-out in RUK.

                              Annie

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X