• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hubby was 60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby was 60

Hi Every one

My other half has just celebrated his 60th birthday, we had our family cruise as part of his celebrations, and I was trying to think of something different for him to do, he didn't want a party.

I arranged (with help) for a professional dart player Steve West (He got to the quarter finals of the World championship 2017) to come down to his local club, and for his darts team to be there. All a surprise, his face was a picture.
    Also an up and coming dart player called Jarred Cole came too.

Steve West even got a 9 darter on the night which wowed every one. Also raised £100 for Isabel Hospice.
    Fantastic night and something a bit different......................................... ........................Carol

perfect...

Comment

Fantastic idea. He's obviously living well as he looks nowhere near 60!
      Happy Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
        Fantastic idea. He's obviously living well as he looks nowhere near 60!
        Happy Birthday.
        Every one has said that to him, he's really chuffed .................................................. ...........Carol

Comment

I think it is great when you can think of something a bit unusual and especially something close to his heart. I hope you got some photo's of his surprised face.

Was he amazed you had kept it all a secret and had managed to organise the players ?..Carol

Comment

Great idea, sounds as though you had a very successful evening, bet he was chuffed even more so with a 9 darter being achieved on the night.

Think I have mentioned not sure if it was to you or your hubby, I used to be secretary of a local darts team and played league darts, not to the standard of your hubby though. Many years since I last threw a competive dart.
            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 11th February 2018, 02:29 PM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

What a fantastic idea! Happy Belated Birthday to him! 🎂
              Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

What a fabulous treat for him Carol- well done for arranging it. I know how much he loves the game of darts and how good he is too.

I agree that he doesn't look his age but you know what they say.......... Behind every man is a good woman (or something like that). You have obviously taken great care of him.
                Jill

Comment

Hi Carol, it looks like Pete enjoyed his birthday celebrations.

You can relax a bit now 😀
                  BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

What a great idea, look like he had a wonderful time !

He certainly looks much younger. Happy belated Borthday wishes.

Comment

What a lovely surprise for your hubby!
                      Our son is a keen dart player, he and friends have been to Blackpool every summer for 11 years, also to Dublin and Ally Pally in London...
                      He has a big photo collage at his house, of him, with such as Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Barneveld, Wayne Mardle, Van Gerwin..

We so enjoy watching the darts too, tho we have never played ourselves.
                      We have loved watching when he was at Blackpool PDC darts... as he always got a good table and we could see him on TV... usually over one of the players shoulders. He seems to have stopped going as much now tho.

I remember his first time to the Winter Gardens at Blackpool... He was 18.. Came home in a Phil 'the Power' Taylor shirt, red with white collar, had it signed... Next morning, being a mum... I washed it... Also turned the collar pink ...!
                      Last edited by Tracey, East Yorkshire; 11th February 2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Congratulations- to him on his birthday, and to you for arranging this extra special treat.
                        What a lovely couple you are. xx
                        Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
                          Congratulations- to him on his birthday, and to you for arranging this extra special treat.
                          What a lovely couple you are. xx
                          Awww thank you, we do try .................................................. ..............Carol

Comment

Well that's certainly different for a birthday surprise, You should be really pleased with your idea !! Its dens 70th in July and we are on holiday for it (land not cruise!) and I haven't a clue what to get him, Better get my thinking cap on pronto !! Jan.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X