• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to age quickly.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many congratulations JC and mrs. JC. I know the feeling... I became a great gran just over a month ago. My granddaughter had a baby girl by C section a week early as she was breach and would not turn. Granddaughter and daughter are doing all the work... so I can just
    sit back and cuddle and coo. Babies weighing less all seem to do well so try not to worry all will be fine I'm sure. xxx
    p.s. Thank your lucky stars you dont crochet (or do you?) I'm doing a crochet shawl for the baby took me ages to get going as it was 21 years ago that I last did one for my granddaughter
    Last edited by Calgray, Yorkshire; 12th March 2017, 03:04 PM.
    sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Congrats from me too JC. As for being old..... you are as young as you feel.

I am probably not much younger than you but my 3 kids have yet to produce any kids, so I am still waiting for grandchildren!
      Jill

Comment

Congratulations JC, as someone who became a mere Grandad last month I have a sense of how you must feel, take care of your ever growing family

John

Comment

Great news JC, you dont look old enough!

Comment

Congrats JC thrilled for you all. I hope mom and baby are doing well. Pics please

Comment

Congratulations JC! I have great-nephews but no grandchildren yet, however I do live in hope of that changing one day. It was fun seeing all the babies at church this morning and the one nearest the choir was doing her best to sing while looking at the hymn book and then did her party piece of blowing raspberries at us. She was rather adorable. Enjoy your expanding family.

Take care, Helen

Comment

Hi all
                Thanks for the good wishes.
                A bit of a soppy thread for me,,,,but i was busting to tell all and sundry this morning.

I will be wetting the baby's head in Seville tomorrow.
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sea Dog, Stockport View Post
                  Again, congratulations JC and we'll pray for his safekeeping.

He'll have no choice Mrs M. Knowing JC he'll have his name down already for Leigh Centurions mini rugby and the 'Young Pioneers'

Cheers OSD
                  Hi OSD
                  Behave yourself....Leigh Centurions??....Widnes Vikings,,,or as old timers say...the Chemics!!!
                  JC

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
                    Many congratulations JC and mrs. JC. I know the feeling... I became a great gran just over a month ago. My granddaughter had a baby girl by C section a week early as she was breach and would not turn. Granddaughter and daughter are doing all the work... so I can just
                    sit back and cuddle and coo. Babies weighing less all seem to do well so try not to worry all will be fine I'm sure. xxx
                    p.s. Thank your lucky stars you dont crochet (or do you?) I'm doing a crochet shawl for the baby took me ages to get going as it was 21 years ago that I last did one for my granddaughter
                    Hi Carol
                    Thanks,,,,lovely to see you posting.
                    My wife loves knitting and embroidery,,,,she started the cardigan today.

We have our 3yr old granddaughter twice a week,,,she has us run of our feet,,,how we will manage two i don't know.
                    But for the time being my granddaughter is living in the Midlands,,,so it will be her partners parents who will have the job.

JC

Comment

Congratulations JC, your pockets are getting deeper. Best wishes to Mum & Baby to be in full good health soon.

It always makes me smile after a birth when the mother has spent hours in labour when the dad's mum comes in and says "well done son".

Comment

Congratulations great grandad JC x
                        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Congratulations JC and to all your family, hope grand daughter and son continue to thrive.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi all.
                            Absolutely over the moon,dead chuffed......but feeling older on the news.!!!!

I became a Great Granddad in the early hours,,,but not without some worry.
                            My Granddaughter gave birth to a lovely little boy,,,,,,but he was 6 weeks early and weighing 4lb.

Baby was showing some distress,as was mother,,,so it was into hospital smartish, and C section.

Granddaughter and baby both OK,,,baby in an incubator and will be in hospital for a few weeks yet.

After having two daughters,two granddaughters and a grandson,,,,the little lad will give back some power to us men.

Unfortunately she lives in Leicester,and we are going away for a few days,so it will be a while before we see him.
                            JC
                            Wonderful news jc so glad the baby and mother are well, I have 2 great granddaughters and my youngest Grandchildren are 3 and 6 years old [who we are helping to bring up]. we love them all it makes it wonderful at Christmas etc. you can never grow old with all these children around seeing the world through their eyes you are as young as you feel! CG
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh what lovely news JC, Congrats to all of you, Theres nowt like a newborn baby bringing hope and love to people. Pleased Mum and baby are doing well. Jan.

Comment

Huge congratulations from me too JC... I am a totally doting grandma to our grandchildren, aged 8 and 6, I enjoy every minute helping our daughter, school runs, plus swimming, brownies, football etc.
                                I can't believe you are a great grandad, you are looking well on it JC! Must be all the cruising!
                                Best wishes to you all xx

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X