• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to age quickly.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to age quickly.

Hi all.
    Absolutely over the moon,dead chuffed......but feeling older on the news.!!!!

I became a Great Granddad in the early hours,,,but not without some worry.
    My Granddaughter gave birth to a lovely little boy,,,,,,but he was 6 weeks early and weighing 4lb.

Baby was showing some distress,as was mother,,,so it was into hospital smartish, and C section.

Granddaughter and baby both OK,,,baby in an incubator and will be in hospital for a few weeks yet.

After having two daughters,two granddaughters and a grandson,,,,the little lad will give back some power to us men.

Unfortunately she lives in Leicester,and we are going away for a few days,so it will be a while before we see him.
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Congratulations JC!

I hope mother and baby are right as rain soon and fully recovered!
    Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Many congratulations on becoming a Great Grandad and to your Grandaughter on the safe arrival of her baby boy, I know from experience that an emergency C section is very scary. Wishing the new arrival a healthy and happy future.
      Last edited by Happy, Wolverhampton; 12th March 2017, 10:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Congratulations, 4lb is small, both our kids were 5lb and started off in incubators, now both look down on us parents.
        Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 12th March 2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Hi JC

Congratulations on becoming a great grandad and wish your daughter & grandson well.

I know a little of how you feel (although not a great grandad yet) having had the addition over the past year, of both an adopted granddaughter and grandson to our family, but without going through both the joy and also the worry that birth creates. Ours were both 6 months old at adoption, although 11 months difference in age.

Ours both live within a 10 minute drive of our home, so we see them both regularly and at a time when I appear to be aging rapidly, they certainly are adding a new lease of life to both my wife and myself.

All the best to you and your family.
          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 12th March 2017, 11:04 AM.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Lovely news. Congrats to you and your family.

Comment

Congrats, glad it all turned out well
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Congratulations you old phart..and best wishes to both parents and baby.

Regards
                Garfield

Comment

Congratulations JC, glad to hear they are both on the mend. Best wishes to you all .................................................. ..........Carol

Comment

Congratulations JC all the best to baby,mum and of course yourself, a moment to be treasured becoming a Great Grandad.

Comment

Congrats Great Grandpa. I take it he'll be a rugby supporter!
                      Last edited by Mrs M; 12th March 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Many congratulations to everyone JC.

Is the train set on order ?

Annie

Comment

Hi JC

What a pleasant change to get some good news from you!!! :-)

Congratulations to all concerned.

My grand kids presently live in Cyprus as my son is on active duty there, but will return to Andover in the summer. A wee bit nearer, but handier for Southampton.

Stewart

Comment

Again, congratulations JC and we'll pray for his safekeeping.

He'll have no choice Mrs M. Knowing JC he'll have his name down already for Leigh Centurions mini rugby and the 'Young Pioneers'

Cheers OSD
                            Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

Congrats JC ,still waiting for my 2 eldest grandsons to do me the honour,

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X