• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Christmas Gift and Card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Christmas Gift and Card?

I've had some lovely gifts, including books and CDs, but I'm really pleased with the box of coconut shells filled with fat and seeds for the birds.. they're still being examined by the sparrows and tits, but I think they'll be a hit!
    And cards- the most colourful was a Medici print of Virgin of the Fruits, with a glorious red cloak brightening up the mantelpiece, for Diabetes UK, and the RNLI Giles card, with the crew rushing to a shout,followed by a hopeful little dog carrying its lead.
    What's pleased you this year?
    Jo.

My favourite perfum from the girls. I normally top up on our annual cruise but having had to cancel this year I ran out in November. I was made up to get a gift set of my perfume and matching body lotion.

My favourite card was from my friends who got married this year, after I did my best Cilla Black impression and set them up on a date. Both have a child each from a previous relationship. It was a photo of the four of them in Christmas jumpers. Lovely and thoughtful.

Comment

I've been very spoilt, I got a hot tub which is amazing, but the best present was a picture of my 2 year old grandson in a frame. Beautiful .................................................. ..............................................Caro l

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
        I've been very spoilt, I got a hot tub which is amazing, but the best present was a picture of my 2 year old grandson in a frame. Beautiful .................................................. ..............................................Caro l
        Wow to the hot tub... And priceless to the photo 😍

Comment

Best present

My best present this year has to be two cook books bought by one of my best friends. As he put it when he gave me the present "something to do when you retire". I retire in just over five weeks. So definitely something to get my interest in cooking furthered, along with looking for the next cruise of course.

Comment

Best Christmas presents were from those who acceded to my request to buy me nothing and make a charitable donation instead. I have more than enough junk as it is

Annie

Comment

I am very happy with the evening bag that my youngest daughter gave me. I wanted a new black bag because I was bored with my old one. I then bought two new dark blue posh frocks, and she accidentally got a dark blue bag! That worked out well.

My other daughter got us all a tour at the Hambledon vineyard, which is not far to the north of here.

The gin and wine were also happily received!

I've got the usual mix of cards, but Emma had a day out in Brighton and sent me a picture of a snow covered Brighton pier.
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                Best Christmas presents were from those who acceded to my request to buy me nothing and make a charitable donation instead. I have more than enough junk as it is

Annie
                We are the same, no more trinkets and baubles.

I bought my wife a long weekend in Berlin for us to enjoy together.

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                  We are the same, no more trinkets and baubles.

I bought my wife a long weekend in Berlin for us to enjoy together.
                  We were the same apart from the promise of a meal out at a new, rather well favoured, ethnic restaurant near us, given to the pair of us.

I love trinkets, but as I'm given the odd one or two throughout the year, Christmas isn't a big deal at all. Again, this time without wishing to appear smug, my greatest 'gift' is seeing someone's face light up when opening a gift I've carefully chosen which I know will be appreciated by the receiver and not just ooh'd and ahh'd over then stuck in a cupboard for the duration.

Comment

A Pandora bracelet with 4 charms on from my son, And a cheeky week away to Tenerife in March from Hubby! He says we will need our bones warming up after the winter.Ha ha, That suits me nicely. Jan.

Comment

My husband bought me " be a zoo keeper for the day" experience at our local wildlife park - Africa Alive , really looking forward to that

Comment

Our best Christmas present was having our grandchildren 3yrs and 5 yrs stay with us Christmas day and night the wonderment of the stockings and the present opening, then the putting together of the Barbie house and Fireman Sam toys,[ remember those days when the children were young] it was a wonderful Christmas shared with my 2 sons and DIL who helped with the Christmas dinner.
                        The joy on those children's faces made our Christmas.CG
                        sigpic

Comment

My husband bought me a new wedding ring which I am very pleased with. I haven't been able to wear my old one for some time as my fingers are swollen. It was made to measure on our recent holiday to India.

Comment

My nieces son Harry who is only 18 and has started an apprenticeship unexpectedly bought me a gift from the Body Shop of hand cream and lip balm . I am really thrilled that he thought enough of me to buy me a gift .

Comment

My favourite present (as it is every Christmas...) is the calendar our daughter gets us, it is made up of photos of our grandchildren, and of us with them, each month a very special photo of holidays etc through the the previous year...
                              Also this year she had a photo book made for us, from our stay at Center Parcs Winter Wonderland... Said on the first page..'thank you for our Winter Wonderland' it made me cry! If I didn't get anything else..( but I do, as our children really spoil us...) the calendar is tge best gift we could receive.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X