• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling proud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling proud

My youngest daughter has just passed her driving test this morning. First attempt and only 2 months after turning 17.

She bought her own car and she pays her own insurance. We felt it important so that she appreciated the value.

Her Dad has taught her to drive, she's had no official lessons and she took her test in her own car. (My husband was a driving instructor before joining my business years ago)

Feeling very proud of both of them this morning. Lovely to have some good news!!!

Well done daughter!... and well done for financing it all herself.

Her Dad obviously hasn't lost his skills and he must be feeling very proud..Carol

Comment

Well done to your daughter, Great news It's so expensive to learn to drive these days, very handy to have an instructor in the family.

My Dad taught me to drive just over 20 years ago. I was a late starter! We used to go all over the place avoiding the motorways! I wish my daughter could find the courage to learn.
      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Well done you now have your own personal taxi service for those nights out.

Comment

Well done to teacher and pupil!

Comment

A great achievement. Wishing your daughter many years of safe and happy driving.
            Oriana
            Oceana
            Ventura
            Queen Mary 2
            Queen Victoria
            Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Well done! I know its not easy to pass the test these days - Grandson has failed the theory twice, once on insurance excess questions, and once by 1 point for not being fast enough to click on a computer question. . Safe driving and remember its now role reversal, you have the taxi now! Jen

Comment

Congrats,to both, What a happy day for you all. Jan.

Comment

Congratulations I know what it feels like as I had the same with my son when I taught him and he past first time, mind you it was a long time ago, he is now 46.
                  Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Well done to your young Miss, that's a great achievement.

Comment

Great news , my grandson passed his on 12th September and this week he drove from the North East to Leeds for an audition at the Conservatoire , I worried till he got back but all was well,they , when I passé d my test you had to stick your arm out of the window to indicate seems funny now ,

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        Well done you now have your own personal taxi service for those nights out.

I already do do as hubby doesn't drink lol

Comment

Thanks for all the lovely comments. She's just gone out for a drive to her friends house. We've set some ground rules to start with.

Comment

Well done and sound advise about her own insurance it may be expensive now but will get cheaper and insurance companies are wise to the named driver when in fact it is the said named driver who is the main driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
                              My youngest daughter has just passed her driving test this morning. First attempt and only 2 months after turning 17.

She bought her own car and she pays her own insurance. We felt it important so that she appreciated the value.

Her Dad has taught her to drive, she's had no official lessons and she took her test in her own car. (My husband was a driving instructor before joining my business years ago)

Feeling very proud of both of them this morning. Lovely to have some good news!!!
                              And so you should be. Congratulations to your daughter. May she love driving and remains a thoughtful driver.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X