• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toby is home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toby is home

I am delighted to be able to say that the appeal for Toby has been a complete success.

I'd like to thank everyone who took an interest in the matter, for without that interest nothing would have happened.

I'll leave the last words to Emma as posted on the appeal web site

Yesterday by Emma -*************************, Organiser I'm overjoyed to say that Toby was discharged from hospital yesterday and the three of us are back at home together. Thank you so much for all of your support. Not only did this campaign raise a huge amount of money very quickly but it helped in a way that we hadn't expected. The generosity of our family, friends, people who care about us and of complete strangers gave Nick and I and our families a massive emotional boost at what was a very dark time. Knowing that so many people cared or were moved enough by our story to want to help really helped us through and gave us the strength to keep fighting.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff at the Children's hospital who looked after Toby, Nick and I during our stay. You were all wonderful.
    Pete

sigpic
    If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Bless him, that's lovely news xx ............................................Carol

Comment

Fantastic news, there is no place like home, enjoy your family time together and take care.❤️😃❤️
      Oriana
      Oceana
      Ventura
      Queen Mary 2
      Queen Victoria
      Queen Elizabeth

Comment

As I said last night Pete, that’s wonderful news for the family. No doubt everyone on here is sending lots of love his way.

Take care. Helen

Comment

It's wonderful that he's home from hospital. That's the best email I've had recently with the update, it definitely made me smile. Sending love to you all x
          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Wonderful news - so pleased for you all!

Comment

Wonderful news, for all the family. Sending my love to you all.

Comment

Thanks for your good wishes for the future.

Unfortunately the good news comes with a big sting in the tail.

Here is a copy of a post I put on the other thread just to give the whole picture to everyone who has shown an interest in Toby.

link to the other thread

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...age-you-get-to

"thanks to all for the good wishes' and interest in problem.

The real work starts now. ,Andie, myself and her sister are undergoing ventilator training so we can give additional support to Emma ,Nick and Toby
                The next few days and weeks are going to be a learning time as we work out what it is possible to do and things that won't be on the to do list eg swimming in a public pool

There is going to be a hard decision to be made as Toby deteriorates and eventually Toby no longer exists as we know him now.. So Emma and Nick will have to decide to let him go the next time he has an episode
                They won't let him go at home but in the hospital where he is taken it's just like a DNR form.
                Hopefully that is some time off.

Pete
                Last edited by Pete, Caerphilly; 9th July 2021, 09:59 AM.
                Pete

sigpic
                If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X