• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year resolutions? Errm......πŸ™„

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a lot of walking last year, which had the happy outcome of losing a noticeable amount of weight. I had decided to carry on with the efforts, and maybe add some different forms of exercise.
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

We still have two large Christmas cakes and two Christmas puddings I made.

I wanted to eat them up now, but my husband says we should leave them until Easter (thus undoing any Jan to March efforts no doubt).

Yes, that'll work.
      They do tend to keep quite well or you can just freeze them & bring them out next year.

A few years ago my New Year's resolution was to stop making Christmas cakes and I did. I do love them but the temptation to have a slice with a cup of coffee got too difficult to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

They do tend to keep quite well or you can just freeze them & bring them out next year.

A few years ago my New Year's resolution was to stop making Christmas cakes and I did. I do love them but the temptation to have a slice with a cup of coffee got too difficult to resist.

Totally agree!

One reason why we have leftover ones this year is that, as well as the cakes, I tried making panforte. I'd never eaten that before but I found a recipe and gave it a go. My family really liked it so I ended up making more of them. I suspect they were even more calorific than Christmas cakes, if that is possible, as they were crammed with roasted hazelnuts, almonds and pecans, held together with honey and brown sugar... you could almost see the weight piling on after a couple of slices...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post

I tried that one year but I was forced to buy a cake because my darling hubby feels hard done by if he doesn’t have a Christmas cake to tuck into at some point. I plan to bring a rather large chunk of it into work for people to try. Thankfully some of the alcohol has evaporated so I won’t be charged with Typing Under the Influence. πŸ˜† Part of the problem is that my friend’s recipe is just too good. I now make it for her family as for many years she was taken up with the care of her late husband.

Take care and stay well. HelenπŸ˜‹

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Totally agree!

One reason why we have leftover ones this year is that, as well as the cakes, I tried making panforte. I'd never eaten that before but I found a recipe and gave it a go. My family really liked it so I ended up making more of them. I suspect they were even more calorific than Christmas cakes, if that is possible, as they were crammed with roasted hazelnuts, almonds and pecans, held together with honey and brown sugar... you could almost see the weight piling on after a couple of slices...
            Now you know why I restrict my baking episodes - I am too good at eating it.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X