• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year resolutions? Errm......πŸ™„

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Year resolutions? Errm......πŸ™„

    So, after nearly 2 weeks into the New Year are any of us keeping to our New Years resolutions? I can’t say that I actually resolved on anything as I was still recovering from THE lurgy of 2020. I know I need to lose a bit of weight and get get fitter than I am. I have a very sturdy grandson that I need to be able to lift and run around after when we help with childcare πŸ˜†(he wears me out, but he’s worth it). I could also do with getting rid of stuff that I don’t actually use or need. Anyone doing better than I have?

    Take care and stay well. Helen

    #2
    I have never failed to keep a NY resolution. That's because I've never made one!

    Comment


      #3
      cant say that I bothered with NYR,it just came and went, also cant think of anything I want to resolute.... I know I am HUGE so really should do something, but then I just think I am a cuddly nan ready to give great big fat squashy cuddles, Apart from that just be happy I dont wake up one day with my arms touching wood!!!! hugs to all heather x

      Comment


        #4
        Boring I know, but I want to lose a bit of weight, to get ready for some serious overeating on a cruise one day. (Ever hopeful.)

        I am starting today, as yesterday we finished the last of the liqueurs and the panforte I made for Christmas.

        We don't have a car and walk everywhere we can, so we plan to do that... but walk at a faster and more demanding pace!

        We also have a treadmill at home, so it will be dusted off and the drying clothes removed from it. I have resolved to get rid of that treadmill this year - I hate it, and it takes up a huge amount of space so maybe if I wear it out, I can bin it.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
          So, after nearly 2 weeks into the New Year are any of us keeping to our New Years resolutions? I can’t say that I actually resolved on anything as I was still recovering from THE lurgy of 2020. I know I need to lose a bit of weight and get get fitter than I am. I have a very sturdy grandson that I need to be able to lift and run around after when we help with childcare πŸ˜†(he wears me out, but he’s worth it). I could also do with getting rid of stuff that I don’t actually use or need. Anyone doing better than I have?

          Take care and stay well. Helen
          Hi Helen

          I never made any NYR.

          Pleased I have lost some weight in each of the last 2 years and don't ask me how

          I dejunk 1 item daily and now only buy what I will use which hopefully will mean last junk to throw out next year

          Annie

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
            Boring I know, but I want to lose a bit of weight, to get ready for some serious overeating on a cruise one day. (Ever hopeful.)

            I am starting today, as yesterday we finished the last of the liqueurs and the panforte I made for Christmas.

            We don't have a car and walk everywhere we can, so we plan to do that... but walk at a faster and more demanding pace!

            We also have a treadmill at home, so it will be dusted off and the drying clothes removed from it. I have resolved to get rid of that treadmill this year - I hate it, and it takes up a huge amount of space so maybe if I wear it out, I can bin it.
            Yup, we’ve just started on the Christmas cake this week as last week we were still eating mince pies. PLUS, there is a shed load of chocolate for us to get through πŸ˜†. Honestly, every Christmas I tell the kids and my hubby to cut down on the chocolate and every year it gets ignored. Oh well. Om nom nom........

            Take care and stay well. Helen

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

              Yup, we’ve just started on the Christmas cake this week as last week we were still eating mince pies. PLUS, there is a shed load of chocolate for us to get through πŸ˜†. Honestly, every Christmas I tell the kids and my hubby to cut down on the chocolate and every year it gets ignored. Oh well. Om nom nom........

              Take care and stay well. Helen
              We still have two large Christmas cakes and two Christmas puddings I made.

              I wanted to eat them up now, but my husband says we should leave them until Easter (thus undoing any Jan to March efforts no doubt).

              Yes, that'll work.

              Comment


                #8
                I rarely make NYRs because I know that I probably would break them.

                Like so many others, I am fighting the weight gain, despite not having all the Christmas extras to eat, due to not having any in stock. I was due to spend Christmas with my family in Surrey so hadn't bought all the naughty extras.

                Jill

                Comment


                  #9
                  Don't make them and certainly wouldn't this year after the last horrible year. January is a bad enough month this year, so don't see any point making it worse. That's my excuse anyway

                  Barb

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
                    Don't make them and certainly wouldn't this year after the last horrible year. January is a bad enough month this year, so don't see any point making it worse. That's my excuse anyway

                    Barb
                    You could always make a resolution to spend as much time and money as possible on holidays (Covid permitting), treats, luxuries and chocolate?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

                      We still have two large Christmas cakes and two Christmas puddings I made.

                      I wanted to eat them up now, but my husband says we should leave them until Easter (thus undoing any Jan to March efforts no doubt).

                      Yes, that'll work.
                      I did no Christmas baking because I would eat it

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

                        You could always make a resolution to spend as much time and money as possible on holidays (Covid permitting), treats, luxuries and chocolate?
                        Now there's a great idea. Thinking about working out a French road trip, but without putting in dates at the moment.

                        Barb

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I stopped making new year resolutions years ago as I never kept them.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I didn't make any new year resolutions either but I have put in too much weight this last year so I've signed up for WW. The Christmas food that's still in cupboard is in lock down and will only come out when we can have an extended family get together once this pandemic is a memory. If it goes out of date in the meantime, oh well 😏
                            BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

                            Comment


                              #15
                              We’re both on diets and have been walking, albeit that just started yesterday due to the ice we’ve had. Paths have been terrible but we can thank the local council for that. Think they were doing it deliberately to keep us at home. Definitely cutting down Sunday to Friday and relaxing the rules on Friday and Saturday nights, albeit trying to cut out the crisps and chocolate. Not easy.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X