• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real Cyber Bar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it, Judith!
    We once came back from the States after an overnight journey, caught the train home from Manchester airport....and the driver stopped the train north of Manchester and refused to go any further because his hours had run out.....when we caught the next available train, there were no connections to where we live, so we spent longer on trains than the flight!
    Jo.

Comment

That's why we don't take trains when in port. Too many variables!

Comment

The joys of long haul. Shut in a metal tube with 300 or so others for seven and a half hours, and now I have a cold! One sneezes, everyone else sneezes. Hot toddy to night folks! Judith

Comment

we upgraded our seats to 'plebs plus' class ie BA's world traveler plus and were so glad we did. there were only 6 rows with a 2-4-2 combination. our area was curtained off from the plebs class ;) and from business class. our main course came from business class ie steak. we had real headphones. it was so much quieter and the leg room was really good. no knees stuck into the seat in front. the seat reclined further than normal and you had a foot rest. well worth the money as I managed to sleep for 3 hours.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Issy did they give you china plates and metal knives and forks with your steak? When OH used to often go abroad for work I used to occasionally join him. What I enjoyed most was that we'd travel Club Class. Apart from more room , proper food, drink, cutlery, china and so on there were the little extras that made flying so much more tolerable. Things like hanging our coats in the crew's wardrobe.

Comment

I agree with you both on the benefits of flight upgrades, whether paid for or not. Unfortunately we were unable to check in on line and didn't even gets seats together, so no chance of even a bulkhead seat. I've only flown Business class once and I loved it. Unfortunately we all still breathe the same recycled air and viruses! Still it's just a cold, it could be worse! Judith

Comment

Review published. Sorry it's so long. Just scroll to the end for the 'scores'. Judith

Comment

Don't worry Judith - I always enjoy Reviews, however long, especially when they're from some one I know . There are lots of members who I've never actually met but I feel I know them too.

Comment

Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
                    Don't worry Judith - I always enjoy Reviews, however long, especially when they're from some one I know . There are lots of members who I've never actually met but I feel I know them too.
                    Thanks Nadia, I appreciate it. There are, of course, lots of details that don't make the review. judith

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X