• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Derby, Derby
    started a topic Anyone else having trouble??

Anyone else having trouble??

Please is anyone else struggling with writing Forum posts??

Every other website I use works okay, but on here it's taking ages for every letter I type to appear (just writing the correcting this sentence has taken ages) I can't highlight any text, the up/down page scrolling freezes and copy and paste doesn't work

Thing is I'm using a new laptop bought yesterday, but like I said everything else is fine

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

• Mikeimp, Lincoln
    replied
    Change the settings as you said Annie.So far , so good all appears to be working at the moment so your suggestion does the trick.Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• alandrover, beccles
    replied
    Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
    Never have a problem with google chrome. It seems a better browser now.
    Me too,chrome much better than I.E or Firefox,[have used both]

Leave a comment:

• antalismy, UK
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Glad the Firefox route worked. Hopefully your I.E. gremlins will be expunged soon.
    Never have a problem with google chrome. It seems a better browser now.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post
    Whoo hoo!!!!! Update is that I've just installed Firefox on the new laptop and this site is now running absolutely fine

I don't even pretend to understand this - I thought I'd be better using Internet Explorer since everything and its dog is attached to ruddy Microsoft and it seemed sensible to keep everything "in house" as it were. Can't help that, though; IE messed me about and this doesn't, so I shall carry on using it

Once again warmest thanks to everyone ... it comes to something when the Forum operates as a techie support site as well as everything else!!

Cheers,
    Lynn
    Glad the Firefox route worked. Hopefully your I.E. gremlins will be expunged soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Derby, Derby
    replied
    Whoo hoo!!!!! Update is that I've just installed Firefox on the new laptop and this site is now running absolutely fine

I don't even pretend to understand this - I thought I'd be better using Internet Explorer since everything and its dog is attached to ruddy Microsoft and it seemed sensible to keep everything "in house" as it were. Can't help that, though; IE messed me about and this doesn't, so I shall carry on using it

Once again warmest thanks to everyone ... it comes to something when the Forum operates as a techie support site as well as everything else!!

Cheers,
    Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Lizzie, Lymington
    replied
    HI Lynn,

I am NOT a techie! But if you look at the top of this page, you will see settings on the right hand side. Click on that and it will take you to a menu. Scroll down until you come to Miscellaneous Options, you will then see 'Basic Editor, & you click on that.

I only use Firefox & have had no problems (touch wood) even though I have full editing! IT moves in mysterious ways!

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell Derby, Derby
    replied
    Still playing me up ... except that each letter's now taking even longer to load

There was something said about changing settings on this site - please can anyone talk me through that? It would have to be in VERY simple language, mind!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Lynn

Leave a comment:

• trevor432990, East Sussex
    replied
    Sounds about right Annie .... having said that it sometimes plays up for me still. I've found the best way of overcoming it when it happens is to post a reply without the formatting (which is missing when it goes wrong) then immediately do an 'Edit Post' and you should find the formatting icons suddenly appear again as if by magic and you can insert the formatting you want and save changes.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikeimp, Lincoln View Post
    Thanks for the tip Annie.I will try and find Trevors previous post on rectifying IE problems.
    Hi Mike

I think the tip was to switch to Basic Editor in settings.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Mikeimp, Lincoln
    replied
    Thanks for the tip Annie.I will try and find Trevors previous post on rectifying IE problems.

Leave a comment:

• Yogini, Waterlooville
    replied
    I've been having similar problems, but it seems OK at the moment. I'm on Windows 8, and my laptop is about a year old.

Funnily enough it has started playing up mid-post!

Leave a comment:

• B&D, Shepton Mallet
    replied
    I'm using Safari and that seems to be OK. Beryl

Leave a comment:

• carol, welwyn garden city
    replied
    How annoying, I use Google Chrome, and it's working ok (fingers crossed it stays that way), hope you get it sorted soon............Carol

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikeimp, Lincoln View Post
    I have been having a similar problem for a while.I have been using I E and when typing letters some go missing and a part of the keyboard locks on occasions.Letters take ages to appear.I have got Firefox so I will try that.
    Check your settings Mike per my post before - I had similar issues and Trevor's suggestion fixed it.

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X