• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having trouble??

Please is anyone else struggling with writing Forum posts??

Every other website I use works okay, but on here it's taking ages for every letter I type to appear (just writing the correcting this sentence has taken ages) I can't highlight any text, the up/down page scrolling freezes and copy and paste doesn't work

Thing is I'm using a new laptop bought yesterday, but like I said everything else is fine

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post
    Please is anyone else struggling with writing Forum posts??

Every other website I use works okay, but on here it's taking ages for every letter I type to appear (just writing the correcting this sentence has taken ages) I can't highlight any text, the up/down page scrolling freezes and copy and paste doesn't work

Thing is I'm using a new laptop bought yesterday, but like I said everything else is fine

HELP!!!!!!!!!!
    I had trouble with I.E. and it lasted a while but I could use Firefox if I wanted to nightlight/colour and do my normal stuff etc.
    Then James' techies did some of their techie stuff and all the stuff I could do before came back.

Now as you can tell with my use of the word 'stuff', Mrs M does NOT stand for Mrs Mistress of the Internet, but it all works now so that's fine.

Have you tried a different browser [?] ?

Comment

I have found the same thing. I thought it was my computer as we have just changed from windows xp to windows 7. Los of letters missing when I type and text takes a long time to appear.

Comment

I'll try Firefox for a change and see what happens - I'm using Internet Explorer at the moment. As I mentioned, the funny thing is that every other site is okay

Another odd thing I that I typed most of that first sentence with no problems, but now it's playing up again (I've corrected this now as otherwise you'd no chance of understanding it!!

PS Thanks so much "Sunshine" ... it's a relief to know it's not this new computer

Cheers,
        Lynn
        Last edited by Mitchell Derby, Derby; 12th April 2014, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Can't say I've noticed too much of a problem today but it tends to happen at random times so anything could happen later.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Derby, Derby View Post
            I'll try Firefox for a change and see what happens - I'm using Internet Explorer at the moment. As I mentioned, the funny thing is that every other site is okay

Another odd thing I that I typed most of that first sentence with no problems, but now it's playing up again (I've corrected this now as otherwise you'd no chance of understanding it!!

PS Thanks so much "Sunshine" ... it's a relief to know it's not this new computer

Cheers,
            Lynn
            Hi Lynn

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago and Trevor solved it for me. I can't remember what the solution was but I had to adjust my settings. I'll have a quick trawl and let you know if I find the solution.

Go to settings and scroll down to Message Editor Interface and select Basic Editor

Annie
            Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 12th April 2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I have been having a similar problem for a while.I have been using I E and when typing letters some go missing and a part of the keyboard locks on occasions.Letters take ages to appear.I have got Firefox so I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeimp, Lincoln View Post
                I have been having a similar problem for a while.I have been using I E and when typing letters some go missing and a part of the keyboard locks on occasions.Letters take ages to appear.I have got Firefox so I will try that.
                Check your settings Mike per my post before - I had similar issues and Trevor's suggestion fixed it.

Annie

Comment

How annoying, I use Google Chrome, and it's working ok (fingers crossed it stays that way), hope you get it sorted soon............Carol

Comment

I'm using Safari and that seems to be OK. Beryl

Comment

I've been having similar problems, but it seems OK at the moment. I'm on Windows 8, and my laptop is about a year old.

Funnily enough it has started playing up mid-post!
                      2018-
                      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Thanks for the tip Annie.I will try and find Trevors previous post on rectifying IE problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeimp, Lincoln View Post
                          Thanks for the tip Annie.I will try and find Trevors previous post on rectifying IE problems.
                          Hi Mike

I think the tip was to switch to Basic Editor in settings.

Annie

Comment

Sounds about right Annie .... having said that it sometimes plays up for me still. I've found the best way of overcoming it when it happens is to post a reply without the formatting (which is missing when it goes wrong) then immediately do an 'Edit Post' and you should find the formatting icons suddenly appear again as if by magic and you can insert the formatting you want and save changes.

Comment

Still playing me up ... except that each letter's now taking even longer to load

There was something said about changing settings on this site - please can anyone talk me through that? It would have to be in VERY simple language, mind!!!!!!

Cheers,
                              Lynn

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X