• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

babylon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

babylon

one for the tech experts,
    I have babylon come up on my computer and it has taken over from Google,well i dont like it,I have gone to uninstall and removed it from there ,but it still seems to be embedded in the system.
    I have tried all the cures but it wont budge,or they are too technical for me,anyone got a simple solution on how to remove this thing.

jim

Jim it undoubtedly there after you downloaded something else recently and Babylon came with the download.

Virtually everything on a free download bring with it this kind of garbage, so you need carefully read each page of the applet before click the 'Next' button and untick all the offers of toolbars, security sweeps and all other unnecessary junk.

I use a freeware uninstaller called REVO as the Windows uninstaller is little more than useless.

Revo will normally find all this kind of junk on your system and clean every part of it from the registry.........Wilba
    Wilba

Comment

Thanks Wilba will try that later.

jim

Comment

This may help

]

Comment

try restoring your computer to a date before you were hijacked by babylon
          Any one wants to plays bridge and is on any of the cruises listed below please send me a private message

cruises 2012
          Eclipse 12/05
          Queen Victoria 24/03
          Eclipse 12/05
          Oceania Riveria 13/08
          Eclipse 29/09
          Queen Victoria 20/12

2013 Cruises booked
          Eclipse 11/05
          Eclipse 06/07
          Eclipse 31/08
          Eclipse 20/10

Comment

Downloaded REVO but it did not work this time,did a system restore,went back a couple of weeks,but the system went haywire for a couple of hours,now I am up and running and babylon seems to have gone.

thanks guys.

jim

Comment

Another question.
              When I am typing a post alittle yellow sign comes up on the bottom right,saying"auto save" so where does it get saved to?/

jim

Comment

I've no idea Jim, but I'll beet someone will tell us.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X