• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the baking of the... "for goodness sake cake"... help wanted... apply within.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the baking of the... "for goodness sake cake"... help wanted... apply within.

It is the season to be jolly,christmas, one of the most famous days in the history of mankind,
    is nigh upon us....please help me to bake........an eternal.............."for goodness sake cake."

It has often been said through the years, that the old recipes are the best,...tried and tested.
    It has also been said, a little bit of what you fancy does you good,.... in moderation of course.

I cordially invite you all henceforth, to assist me in the making of the "for goodness sake" cake.
    For my own imput in the eternal cake, i ask that a large portion of humility be applied to the base.

They say variety,is the spice of life, so spice this cake with your own special ingredient now please.
    You may make use, of any of the ingredients of life, too enrich,... the "for goodness sake" cake.

PLEASE take this opportunity, to use your special ingredient,wisely and to the benefit of all mankind.
    in conclusion from me to you, i ask only, that when the cake is finished, you sprinkle it with children,

And that, the candles, of the "for goodness sake"....burn..... forever......around.... the....... world.

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by hat776, malta View Post
    What about generosity......of time, patience, money and just enough caution.
    CONGRATULATIONS HAT776, i was looking for a sous chef....to assist me in the baking of this fine.."FOR GOODNESS SAKE"...

i was going to advertise the position, to be honest, but i have looked at your ingredients today,and would like to take this

opportunity to offer you the position..............these are seiously good ingredients...... you bring to the cake.kind regards hat776..michael.

Leave a comment:

• hat776, malta
    replied
    What about generosity......of time, patience, money and just enough caution.

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by michael55, bradford View Post
    hello pippa, and thank you kindly for your very generous donation, to this fine cake we are making.......they are worthy ingredients.

i would echo your post pippa, and add peace and goodwill to all women in general, and to you in particular.kind regards..michael.
    as i look on.... as a bystander......i see many.........taking ...a peek........at the cake.....but seemingly reticent to assist in the baking of this fine cake......and rest assured.........this cake WILL BE BAKED!..............MICHAEL

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by Pippa, Kernow View Post
    Hello Michael.
    May I add a generous measure of 'peace and goodwill to all men' to the mix of your cake, please?

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum and a very Happy New Year too. Best Wishes & take care. xx
    hello pippa, and thank you kindly for your very generous donation, to this fine cake we are making.......they are worthy ingredients.

i would echo your post pippa, and add peace and goodwill to all women in general, and to you in particular.kind regards..michael.

Leave a comment:

• Pippa, Kernow
    replied
    Hello Michael.
    May I add a generous measure of 'peace and goodwill to all men' to the mix of your cake, please?

Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum and a very Happy New Year too. Best Wishes & take care. xx

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by Elsie's Mum View Post
    Hi Michael,

I will add tolerance and respect, spiced with yet more love. Angela
    Hello mum,how are you today? i hope you are well....it is only when i receive replies to my posts,like yours, does it give me,

the impetus to try and move forward, and embrace the future, and what life holds for us,... AND WHAT WE HOLD FOR LIFE!

WE yet still hold the true values within ourselves, that was passed down to us by our parents and grandparents, before them,

the very values, that i would like to be used in the recipe, of this, the "FOR GOODNESS SAKE CAKE" so that these who follow,

in our footsteps, may too learn the recipe.......of life. the fine ingredients you bring today, to the table mum, will help undoubtedly,

in the making of this fine cake........tolerance....and respect............imagine that in todays society mum eh? .........imagine that.

thank you from the bottom of my heart to all these who have helped,intend to help, or just witness this fine cake being made,

I WILL BAKE THIS CAKE.............IF IT TAKES ME ALL MY LIFE....but it would taste so much better......if each and every one of us,

donated our own special ingredient....to the "FOR GOODNESS SAKE CAKE"...... we all, each and every one of us, have the ingredients,

that are needed for the cake to be baked.......... we just need to unleash the ingredients for this fine cake, together,simultaneously.

THE SONG SAYS.........................IF I HAD KNEW YOU WERE COMING.......................I WOULD HAVE BAKED.............A...CAKE.

I KNOW YOU ARE HERE.................................LET US TOGETHER, BAKE THE CAKE OF LIFE............................SIMULTANEOUSLY.

A HAPPY CHRISTMAS.............TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.................KIND REGARDS.......MICHAEL.

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
    I would like to add a large amount of common sense and a pinch of salt for statement by politicians etc.
    hi cooke,good day to you and thanks for ingredients, i notice you would add a pinch of salt to this fine cake for the political statements,
    made by politicians etc........i could help you out with the large amount of common sense, definitely........but the pinch of salt?

from what i have seen so far.... you may need to go large on the salt.........................kind regards............michael

Leave a comment:

• Cooke, Ashby
    replied
    I would like to add a large amount of common sense and a pinch of salt for statement by politicians etc.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
    I can see this thread will not last long
    No worries Spartan.

Realism is always a good addition to any mixture. With or without onions...no matter.

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
    sorry spartan, i treat as i find...........good day to you sir.

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by Val, Wolverhampton View Post
    Hi Michael, I would add to the ingredients so far, fun and impishness, they are spices without a sell by date! My special ingredient would be serenity, its properties will give everyone strength through any storm.
    hi val, as you may see for yourself, some will try to spoil the cake,but your ingredients sound new, and fresh, and invigorating,

now THAT kind of cake.........sounds......real good to me....real..good........................serenity.. beautiful song...beautiful.. word.

bring it on home val..................and we are only just started with this fine cake....a large slice of respect to you........michael.

Leave a comment:

• spartan, kent
    replied
    Originally posted by michael55, bradford View Post
    NO but it would include some fresh nettles for your rash mrs m..........and who knows? it may even stop you being so waspy

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post
    Hi Michael, mine would be compassion and spice it up with charity.CG
    thanks c.g..... a lovely mixture..............and the texture is..........mmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• michael55, bradford
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    Would that be with or without onions Wilba?
    NO but it would include some fresh nettles for your rash mrs m..........and who knows? it may even stop you being so waspy

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X