• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Respect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
    I have always been brought to to treat people with respect and I totally agree with Jill, that respect has to be earned. I have in my own way tried to gain the respect of the members of this site as I have with members of other sites I post on. I have been posting on cruise Forums for nearly 3 years and remain a member of all those I have joined.
    During that time I have made many Cyber Friends, some who have also become friends in real life, part of that friendship being to be on hand if they should ever need my help. As a result I have great difficulty in standing idly by, when I see people posting, what are a complete pack of lies regarding them. Even then I try as much as I can to reply with some dignity, and respect for other members.
    Derek, although I have never met you I consider you one of my "Best Cyber Friends" having had the priveledge of knowing you in Cyber Land for the last couple of years, I don't think your dignity or respect could ever be brought into question.

You can always be relied on when help is needed as well as being a very informative poster and a fantastic photographer.

Do I get the Job !!! :D:D:D
    Jo

Comment

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - (now I'm singing that song in my head.):D

Well said Jill, unfortunately it is sometimes missing on this forum as well as 'real' life.

How many Carols do we have now? - must be nearly Christmastime.;)

Comment

Originally posted by MarieC, Troon View Post
        R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - (now I'm singing that song in my head.):D

Well said Jill, unfortunately it is sometimes missing on this forum as well as 'real' life.

How many Carols do we have now? - must be nearly Christmastime.;)
        Hi MarieC!.......... the C dosnt stand for Carol does it?
        Well, according to Pete-Caerphilly on god knows what thread now, there were 64 x.
        sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by Crube, Fraserburgh View Post
          I agree, however, there are occasions where, even on a forum, respect has to be earned.

When I first joined, I tried to join in, answer a few questions, join in with discussions, but a small handful of established members jumped down my throat. I started to respond, but then felt my energies were better spent elsewhere. I even considered not coming back. I'm glad I did, but sometimes there appears to be a lack of respect shown for new members opinions. It's all very well to mention posting styles and the like, but even new members have a posting style too...

I think respect works both ways
          Excited then eh Crube? Have a great time and don't forget the review as we would all like to know what you you thought.
          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Calgray, Yorkshire View Post
            Hi MarieC!.......... the C dosnt stand for Carol does it?
            Well, according to Pete-Caerphilly on god knows what thread now, there were 64 x.
            I wish it did Carol, unfortunately not.;)

Comment

Well said Jill let's get back to how we were, we are never going to agree all of the time, and a difference of opinion is what a forum is all about, but let's do it the right way.CG
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
                Derek, although I have never met you I consider you one of my "Best Cyber Friends" having had the priveledge of knowing you in Cyber Land for the last couple of years, I don't think your dignity or respect could ever be brought into question.

You can always be relied on when help is needed as well as being a very informative poster and a fantastic photographer.

Do I get the Job !!! :D:D:D
                Jo
                The cheques in the post, yes you did get the Job, and I also return the compliment ten times over.:D:D
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

[QUOTE=Crube, Fraserburgh;150434]I agree, however, there are occasions where, even on a forum, respect has to be earned.

When I first joined, I tried to join in, answer a few questions, join in with discussions, but a small handful of established members jumped down my throat. I started to respond, but then felt my energies were better spent elsewhere. I even considered not coming back. I'm glad I did, but sometimes there appears to be a lack of respect shown for new members opinions. It's all very well to mention posting styles and the like, but even new members have a posting style too...

Absolutely agree with you,wholeheartedly, in every aspect of your post, the problems that occur in any walk of life, in a situation
                  where old meets new,are magnified, by personality clashes,this forum is no different to that....michael.

Comment

I had forgotten that I had started this thread- well, it was over a year ago and my memory is sadly not as good as it was.
                    Reading through it again, I think that I can reiterate my opening post.
                    The forum has moved on of course since October 2010 and there are more than twice as many members now as there was then- although of course many active members from back then either don't post anymore or post less frequently (myself included).
                    There are still a nucleus of 'old timers', not necessarily in age, who can advise us on all manner of cruising subjects, most of whom I have always respected and still do.
                    Having clocked up a few of our own cruising experiences, as OH and myself have been busy spending the kids inheritance on cruises these past 2 years, I try to offer advice when I can. I also join in with odd bit of chit chat now and then- especially if there is a bit of fun involved. I rarely play the games threads these days.
                    However, since joining another forum and thereby not having all my eggs in one basket so to speak, I avoid contentious threads in order to keep out of trouble.
                    I have learned the hard way that there will always be aggression on forums and the best thing to do is ignore the aggressor and carry on regardless.
                    Jill

Comment

Hi Jill,Turning the other cheek is an admirable policy,and it seems to have worked well for you,as you have not had any nasty attacks on you recently,as far as I'm aware. The forum does seem to have become a little more kind in tone lately,or maybe there is just a shortage of targets. I wonder if Cornish Girl has noticed any difference since her post #21? Serendipity Stan.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X