• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kindle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle

Has anybody tried viewing cruise.co.uk on their Kindle? If so, anygood?
    See my cruise blog: HERE

I didn't know one could! How does that work? I don't take delivery of mine until my mum fetches it out here in a few weeks, mind.

Comment

What actually are they I have seen the ads on the telly but i just presumed they were some kind of e-reader.

Comment

Originally posted by sarolium, north west View Post
        What actually are they I have seen the ads on the telly but i just presumed they were some kind of e-reader.
        It's an e reader to read books on

Comment

I know a few folk on here have e readers and I've 'had a go' with a Kindle...but I can't see me using one instead of an actual book. Not for a while anyway.

Comment

They also allow you to surf the net!
            See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Oliver, Essex View Post
              They also allow you to surf the net!
              i did not know that thought that it was just a book thingy

Comment

Hi ..Have got Kindle..but it won't let me access the site for some reason....let me know how you get on.....I have only just got the Kindle (early Christmas pressie)...so am just getting used to the download books bit......love it though...

Comment

I'm no technophobe as I've been involved with IT for over forty years but I just don't like reading a book via a computer screen of whatever format. I like the idea of placing my book-marker in the page when I stop reading. I also need, on occasions, to quickly flip back a page or two. Not the same with a Kindle.

H

ps the batteries never run out in a book!

Comment

Have got onto cruises.co.uk via kindle...it's okay but you have to zoom in on articles..

Pros for kindle : Light weight and fits into my handbag
                    I can bring as many books as I want on holiday without weight
                    restrictions.
                    I can read hands free without losing my page
                    I don't need a book mark anymore
                    I can e-mail..search the web etc
                    Listen to music
                    And probably lots more...
                    I don't have to pay postage on amazon
                    I can download free books

Cons : I miss that new book feel
                    It's hard to get used to reading from a screen at the beginning..
                    I can't read in the bath
                    I can't lend my books to friends

Anyway for what it's worth I'm sold on it...but I do understand why it's hard to
                    'let go' of the paper books....

Comment

oooops forgot batteries will run out, but I read nightly and have only just charged my kindle after 4 weeks...

Comment

I love my Kindle haven't tried using it to use this site yet but I'll give it a go this weekend
                        It only took me a day to get used to it and I'm saving a fortune on books. The i Pad is really good for books and surfing the net, OH has one its one of his better buys.

Comment

Kindle is the next-hottest thing to an iPad

Originally posted by Rudy, Domme View Post
                          oooops forgot batteries will run out, but I read nightly
                          and have only just charged my kindle after 4 weeks... ===> Wow! that's good going!
                          Yes, Kindle battery charge lasts anything like 3 wks. and over, depending on usage
                          -and on if you keep WiFi turned Off to save juice.

Likewise (when you're done reading)
                          experienced Kindle users put the device into Sleep mode
                          (picture screensaver shows)

as opposed to turning the device Off (no picture shows-just a blank white screen)

This saves on an energy-consuming Indexing operation that the system performs.
                          Arousal from mere Sleep requires no such Indexing task
                          just a nudge on the shoulder.
                          ;)

Cruise Ships - Profile Ticker

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy, Domme View Post
                            Have got onto cruises.co.uk via kindle...it's okay but you have to zoom in on articles..

Pros for kindle : Light weight and fits into my handbag
                            I can bring as many books as I want on holiday without weight
                            restrictions.
                            I can read hands free without losing my page
                            I don't need a book mark anymore
                            I can e-mail..search the web etc Listen to music
                            And probably lots more...
                            I don't have to pay postage on amazon
                            I can download free books

Cons : I miss that new book feel
                            It's hard to get used to reading from a screen at the beginning..
                            I can't read in the bath
                            I can't lend my books to friends

Anyway for what it's worth I'm sold on it...but I do understand why it's hard to
                            'let go' of the paper books....
                            Can it do all that ? I am thinking of buying one for my wife...........

Comment

Well yu learn summat new every day - I know now what a Kindle is!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X