• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Lot of Sad People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lot of Sad People

The BBC, and others, are reporting there were queues of up to 8 hours and up to a mile long to buy discounted teddy bears. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44809213

A lot of sad people. I wouldn't queue for 2 minutes even if they were giving anything away, would you?

No, I don't do queues. That's one of the reasons we choose small ships.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      The BBC, and others, are reporting there were queues of up to 8 hours and up to a mile long to buy discounted teddy bears. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44809213

A lot of sad people. I wouldn't queue for 2 minutes even if they were giving anything away, would you?
      I wouldn't but again I don't queue to be seated in the MDR either.

Their choice - as long as they don't ask me to do it.

Annie

Comment

I'm another that doesn't do queues. Life's too short to waste time standing around. I do everything I can to avoid having to wait, and am usually successful.

Comment

I queued once, outside Early learning Centre, to buy a wooden Duplo train set for one of our children, they were selling £100 sets for £10.00, too good to miss out on, I was second in the queue about 1/2 hour before the shop opened, it was worth it as they only had 3.

Other than that another no to queues.

John
          Last edited by Haworth, Wokingham; 12th July 2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Yes it all sounded so good in theory, many things do, once you put it into practice it just doesn't work! ................................Carol

Comment

Not for me queuing ,but looking at todays society they queued in the rain for 12 hours to buy phones? and tried killing each other to get an out of date TV on Black Friday....Taffy
              ​Taffy

Comment

Hi John
                You would queue if you was a single parent on benefits and your 3 year old daughter was screaming for a Unicorn bear.
                Especially if you see the real price of them.
                They want to give the kids the best they can,even if it means joining a long queue.

That's life for some,unfortunately.
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                  I'm another that doesn't do queues. Life's too short to waste time standing around. I do everything I can to avoid having to wait, and am usually successful.
                  Hi Peter
                  what do you and others do when there is a queue for the tender back to the ship,,,,,,swim!
                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi Peter
                    what do you and others do when there is a queue for the tender back to the ship,,,,,,swim!
                    JC
                    We have never had to wait more than ten minutes for a tender

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                      Neither have I and that is on mass market lines. Timing is everything.

Annie

Comment

I choose not to queue if I can avoid it.

However there has to be exceptions of course. If I had been born at a time when rationing was necessary during WW2, then no doubt I would have had to queue for certain food items at times.

My most memorable queue was to pay my respects to Winston Churchill when he was lying in state prior to his funeral. I was 16 at the time and considered it a privilege that was able to do so.
                        Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
                          That is usually the case with smaller ships. I have never had to wait long for a tender with Azamara, but as with Seabourn, they don’t have to use tenders very often.

Recently on P&O Britannia we queued for forty five minutes for the last tender, to get back on board. We had returned from a ship’s tour and there was no way the ship would have sailed without us. We were told the queue had got longer as the day progressed. Britannia finally sailed late that day.

I have queued many times, for many hours, for football tickets. Well worth it if you’re a football fan.
                          Last edited by Blondie, Oxford; 12th July 2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I don't think anyone queues for fun. I avoid if possible but sometimes there is no choice, theme parks, concerts, airport security, etc.
                            For some, whom £50 is a lot of money and not something they could justify spending on a toy, they would say the queuing was worth it to see their kids face.
                            Some people are never happy, moan about the poor and those on benefits wasting money, yet call them sad for queing to get a toy cheap for their kids

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, kensworth View Post
                              I don't think anyone queues for fun. I avoid if possible but sometimes there is no choice, theme parks, concerts, airport security, etc.
                              For some, whom £50 is a lot of money and not something they could justify spending on a toy, they would say the queuing was worth it to see their kids face.
                              Some people are never happy, moan about the poor and those on benefits wasting money, yet call them sad for queing to get a toy cheap for their kids
                              How about spending some quality time with your child. Draw a teddy bear, cut it out and colour it in. Some card, scissors, colouring crayons and paper fasteners for movable arms and legs.

I'm sure the child would have a stronger "love" for a special teddy he/she helped make rather than an overpriced cheap Chinese one.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X