• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Give a Dog A Home"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Give a Dog A Home"

Thought we could se the good side of human nature .
    Photos of dogs after being adopted | Daily Mail Online

Some before and after pictures of dogs being rescued .You may get upset but look at the after picture ,some very kind patent people out there.

Pictures taken from around the world....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Amazing fact but did you know that the Swiss still eat meat from cats and dogs?
    Regards
    Garfield

Comment

What beautiful animals, The scumbags who things like this should be treated just the same. Jan.

Comment

I didn't know that about the Swiss Garfield, glad I have never seen that on a menu.

I knew they ate foals and found that very sad but for other cultures it is just meat..Carol

Comment

We've always had rescue dogs, "secondhand" dogs as I call them, wouldn't go for anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy, Ormskirk View Post
            I didn't know that about the Swiss Garfield, glad I have never seen that on a menu.

I knew they ate foals and found that very sad but for other cultures it is just meat..Carol

Hi Carol
            You may have unwittingly eaten it as they tend to put dog meat in sausages....usually around xmas time.
            Gives a whole new meaning to hot dogs.
            Regards
            Garfield

Comment

Have a lovely dog from The Dogs Trust named Toots , wouldn't have any other kind , cant see myself paying hundreds of pounds for a so called designer dog , cross breeds were called mongrels a few years ago ,
              Had a rescue dog before , when we decided to get another one we thought we would take a older on e as we were too old for a pup.
              DT said she was 11 years old , well we will give her a nice life for about a year we said , 3 years and 2 months later she is still going strong and long may she as we simply love having her , she has gone from being a totally terrified dog to an absolute treasure .

Comment

Originally posted by mauden, billingham View Post
                Have a lovely dog from The Dogs Trust named Toots , wouldn't have any other kind , cant see myself paying hundreds of pounds for a so called designer dog , cross breeds were called mongrels a few years ago ,
                Had a rescue dog before , when we decided to get another one we thought we would take a older on e as we were too old for a pup.
                DT said she was 11 years old , well we will give her a nice life for about a year we said , 3 years and 2 months later she is still going strong and long may she as we simply love having her , she has gone from being a totally terrified dog to an absolute treasure .
                I tip my hat to you all... I think.

However living solo and known to enjoy long foreign trips, it would be utterly selfish of me to give a dog a home. BTW I have had pets so I know how much work and expense is involved.

I also have little time for dog owners who leave dogs indoors alone for 12 hours or more at a time - so cruel.

I would rather support the MSFs of this world.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by mauden, billingham View Post
                  Well done.
                  my Daughter ended up with an abandoned pup, they just left it running around a field ,she already had two dogs at the time ,but could not hand this pup over to the dg wardens, sadly as he grew up she became allergic to him ,but did after some time find a home for him,
                  She now has 2 Great Danes ,one who was a Merle which they cannot breed off,
                  For me I would give these puppy farmers and dealers the same treatment the poor animals the sell end up getting, a needle in the neck...Taffy
                  ​Taffy

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                    I tip my hat to you all... I think.

However living solo and known to enjoy long foreign trips, it would be utterly selfish of me to give a dog a home. BTW I have had pets so I know how much work and expense is involved.

I also have little time for dog owners who leave dogs indoors alone for 12 hours or more at a time - so cruel.

I would rather support the MSFs of this world.

Annie
                    We're looking after our daughters staffie for a few days while they have a break in London. She's no trouble but she does like lots of attention and long walks, a run around the garden just isn't good enough for her but with the snow and ice covering the ground a short walk and as many runs around the garden is all she's getting at the moment as a broken leg or hip would seriously curtail our cruising.

Comment

Yea its a problem walking dogs in this weather the pavements are treacherous I got myself some of those things you put on to the bottom of your shoes , ( things the postmen wear ) they are brilliant , give you lots of confidence on the ice .

Comment

These pictures of poor dogs moved me to tears, my family have saved a donkey, pony, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 1 pig and the cruel world we live in is shocking, the animals cannot talk, its totally up to us to put it right, whatever the injury to the animal then that person should suffer the same (in my opinion) my hero is paul o'grady and dogs are more loyal than people, a friend bought me a picture a long time ago, "the more people i meet the more i love my dog", i pray for peace and justice for every living animals and all decent people everywhere, 1 do a good deed every day, 2 be genuine and warm towards everyone, treat everyone as how you would like to be treated, best wishes, rosey

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X