• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Beast from the East" Struck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Beast from the East" Struck?

As forecast we got the snow this morning, woke up to an inch 25mm of snow covering Rhyl, that does not happen often ,Council on the ball as most major routes gritted and a bit slushy but drivable,
    Not heard if the schools are closed but those out from the coast I would think will be.
    The Sea is freezing over in some places n, now that's cold.
    What's it like near you....Taffy
    ​Taffy

Heavy snow overnight about 2 inches here in Surrey, thank goodness for online grocery shopping as we are elderly and would not want to go out in this !!! some schools are closed here, lovely sunny day at the moment but more snow forecast !!

Comment

Hi Taffy

So pleased you posted this.

It is definitely warmer this morning, we are above freezing, but the wind has dropped. Bright sunny morning but not T-shirt weather A bit of gardening on the cards.

Annie

Comment

We have a 2-3 inch covering of snow and it's just started snowing heavy again, both our granddaughters have gone to school as has our DIL who is a teacher at one of their schools

Our Daughter is driving to work this morning but the journey has been very slow, it's taken her an hour just to get to the end of the Clacton by pass approx 5 miles, she still has another 14 miles to get to the other side of Colchester, normally she is at work before 9am. Has no other way of getting to work.

I have the school run to do this afternoon for both girls.

Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 27th February 2018, 09:20 AM.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Cold and dry here but without yesterdays snow flurries, we have a weather warning for some snow Wednesday and heavy snow and travel disruption on Friday, handy when you are due to take your wife to hospital for her audiology appointment.

If is stays like this patio cleaning today, very mucky after a very wet spell, I can recommend Algon Organic as a cleaning option, spray on and forget.

John

Comment

I'm in Hertfordshire and it's sunny at the moment with no snow, let's hope it stays that way ........................................Carol

Comment

We are presently in Ludlow Shropshire and although it is very cold -2c I think, there is no snow ................yet.

On Friday we are heading north to Huddersfield and then to Doncaster on Saturday. Fingers crossed that we don't have to change our plans.
              Jill

Comment

We have some snow here in East Yorkshire but I am going to risk driving into town about 15 miles to meet my friend for lunch as it has been arranger for a while and already cancelled once We are planning on going to the cinema tonight, only about 7 miles away but if we get more snow we wont go. I have to drive to Doncaster 50 miles tomorrow for work so not looking forward to that.

Comment

Just back from playing golf here in Notts. The ground was pretty frozen, nut no snow, although we've just had a shower. Sun's out again at the moment, and the light dusting on our summer house roof has melted.

Comment

Took my daughter 2 hours to do a journey to work this morning, which normally would take less than an hour, the roads were not too bad and when she got to Colchester there was hardly any snow.

I took this photo this morning

Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

It hasn't stopped snowing here since approx 7am. Thick big flakes and it is laying. The main roads are fine once you are out on them. But our farm track is 4x4 only today.

Comment

Snow wot snow? Lovely sunny day, blue skies, cold but then its still winter. We havent had the conditions of y Gogledd, North Wales to most of you. Worse is forecast here later in the week.

I remember much worse everywhere decades ago. Dont remember not going to school, even in the horrendous 1962 - 63 winter that went on for weeks, and that was before widespread central heating.

Comment

It's sunny here at the moment, and Honey is sleeping on my bed basking in the rays coming through the window.

I went into my back bedroom this morning, and could see that we had a smattering of snow overnight. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend at the gym this afternoon, but I have no desire to go out!
                          2018-
                          Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                          NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                          Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                          Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                          Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

A beautiful clear sunny morning no snow, but the easterly wind is freezing blowing in of the sea, the water barrel is frozen solid, lovely picture in the garden red Camellia bushes Magnolia tree in full bloom also Azaleas, Arum Lilies out and surviving [we cover them at night]

Crocus, Daffs even a stray rose bud out OH rotovated the large vegetable patch all ready to sow early potatoes and onions when this cold biting wind goes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Further to the photo I took this morning on #10, this is a photo I took same place this afternoon

Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X