• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Seize the Day" She Did

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Seize the Day" She Did

Great-grandmother booked luxury cruise with stranger | Daily Mail Online

Cheered me up no end reading this.

Not much to look forwards to in our old age but this couple of oldies are making the best of it.....Taffy
    ​Taffy

What a wonderful story, I'm amazed she didn't take his offer up of a Caribbean cruise, I'd of gone .................................Carol

Comment

love it, it's put a big smle on my face this frosty morning!

Comment

great story

love the slight mix up in the editorial.

it went from,

Adventurous great-grandmother, 90, who booked luxury cruise with total stranger 45 minutes after meeting him in a pub says: 'Life is for living'
        to
        Two weeks after meeting the unlikely couple saw each other again - this time onboard the ferry in Southampton where they were shown to their shared cabin.

Comment

Good for them. Pity they aren't going to do it again. My wife's uncle had a lady holiday companion when he was widowed in his 80s. They had some great holidays together. Much better than paying the extortionate single supplement to go on your own.

Comment

I think that is brilliant, it could have all gone horribly wrong but it seemed they had a good time.

Pity they are not doing it again but at least a friendship has been formed...Carol

Comment

Would be nice if we are all fit and well enough to cruise at 90.
              Or just be happy to be breathing at that age....Taffy
              ​Taffy

Comment

My friends mother is 92 and still cruising as a single on Fred. She makes friends who she keeps in touch with and has a fine old time.

I hope I am as fit as her at 92...Carol

Originally posted by Taffy, Wales View Post
                Would be nice if we are all fit and well enough to cruise at 90.
                Or just be happy to be breathing at that age....Taffy

Comment

Thanks Taffy. Nice to have a happy story for a change. Surely the photo wasn't of the 90 year old Vera- if so I must get some tips from her!!

P&O must be delighted to hear they have been described as Luxury. Perhaps not so pleased that Azura was called a ferry and a boat!!

Beryl

Comment

What could go wrong when both are already 90?

Comment

Originally posted by antalismy, UK View Post
                      What could go wrong when both are already 90?
                      All sorts, one could have snored and driven the other one mad, one a night owl and the other an early bird. Eating at different times, sharing a cabin with a stranger, I could go on but you get the general idea.....Carol

Comment

I've just read this lovely story on BBC south news page. I think they're up for more adventures by the sound of it. Good luck to them both.
                        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

The couple involved were interviewed on the Vine show this lunch time, both seemed really nice people who got on together, but she did not like cruising enough to try another.
                          He is nearly blind and cannot travel on his own, hope they enjoy what time they have together...Taffy
                          ​Taffy

Comment

Such a sweet story and I am sorry she didn't enjoy the cruise. Maybe he will have a few offers from other cruisers after the interview and he will sail again..Carol

Comment

Yes, I was thinking that there would be applicants to be his next companion... in fact, if he's paying....there's a whole forum here to ask...
                              I've met several carers who've been invited to cruise for free, so that they can help their companion. I'm still in touch with one, and she used to ask for a cabin with a Pulman bunk, so that she had a tiny bit of privacy without her gent tripping over her in the night.
                              Jo.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X