• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanic Replica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titanic Replica

There always seems to be a Titanic story raising it head from time to time.

or here: https://youtu.be/WB85SGPjVfA

Amazing aerial pictures show the £105m full-size Titanic replica set to be completed by this year as a part of a grand theme park in China. It will not be a functioning ship, but a static hotel/attraction.

The project is NOT to be confused with the Titanic II project where the Australian millionaire, Clive Palmer, claimed that he was going to build a full-sized cruising Titanic replica. Well, he never did and almost certainly never will.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Slightly off topic I know, but has anyone been to The Titanic Museum in Belfast? What an amazing experience it is. I felt like I could have been on the ship. One of the best museums I have seen and well deserving of it's many awards.

Comment

Yes, it's very good.

The original dry-dock and pump house are great too.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Katharine, U.K. View Post
        Slightly off topic I know, but has anyone been to The Titanic Museum in Belfast? What an amazing experience it is. I felt like I could have been on the ship. One of the best museums I have seen and well deserving of it's many awards.
        Not been t Belfast but I have been to the Titanic experience in Orlando. I'm no really sure what to make of it. We were all assigned a name of one of the passengers sailing on the Titanic. At the end of the we found out if we live or died. The evening started off as we boarded the 'ship' Actors played various crew members and we had a meal in the grand dining room, which was not really so grand. We then wandered through various rooms on the 'ship' passing the iceberg along the way. Being I was expecting it to be more spectacular. We didn't even get hit by the iceberg. A very strange evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
          Yes, it's very good.

The original dry-dock and pump house are great too.
          Hi Malcolm.
          I agree,brilliant.
          Just a mention of another exhibit most people miss out,,,,the SS Nomadic in dry dock outside the museum.
          As you will know,,,she was built alongside Titanic and Olympic as a tender boat to serve them when picking up in Cherbourg.
          Must have been the most luxurious tender boat in the world.

Spending a working life with pumps,compressors etc the Pump House and Dry Dock was a must see,,,,,,but for anyone with walking difficulties its a long walk from the Titanic Museum,,,there is a 'free phone' in the Pump House to a taxi firm to get you back to the museum,or in our case back to the city centre.

A pity they didn't have a ferry to the ship,instead of an hours round trip through the city centre.......

JC
          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

We visited Belfast in April for the first time and did the Titanic Exhibition and SS Nomadic and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. I think we were in the Titanic Exhibition for over 2 hours, really interesting I would definitely recommend it.

Comment

Here is a replica from China...
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titani...ichuan,_China)

Comment

Problem is with these hotel replicas is you go expecting them to be run like a cruise ship, which they are not - far from it. I stayed a couple of nights on Queen Mary at Long Beach, expectations were a little dashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Katharine, U.K. View Post
                  haven't been to the museum in Belfast, but my sister highly recommended it.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X