• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balmoral To Sail From Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balmoral To Sail From Edinburgh

In 2018/2019, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Balmoral, will be sailing from Edinburgh (Rosyth) for the first time ever, operating a total of nine cruises.

Cruises from May to July, include a five-night "Norwegian Fjords" departure, a 14-night "Scandinavia & St. Petersburg" Baltic discovery, and a nine-night "German Waterways" experience.

Justin Stanton, Sales and Marketing Director for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:“We are proud of Fred. Olsen’s long-standing links with Scotland, and we are looking forward to introducing our flagship Balmoral to Edinburgh in 2018, further enhancing our cruises for Scottish guests".

(Fred Olsen)
    Last edited by Malcolm, Essex; 2nd April 2017, 11:13 PM.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Rosyth is not exactly convenient for Edinburgh. One has to cross the Forth Bridge by road or rail. This will be easier when the new road bridge is fully operational. However, Rosyth is a nice little dock yard and far preferable to Leith, which is nearer the city, but completely disorganised.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
      Rosyth is not exactly convenient for Edinburgh. One has to cross the Forth Bridge by road or rail. This will be easier when the new road bridge is fully operational. However, Rosyth is a nice little dock yard and far preferable to Leith, which is nearer the city, but completely disorganised.
      The Forth Road Bridge even now is hardly problematic. OK, it's a little slow at rush hour, but not a huge problem.

That said, calling Rosyth 'Edinburgh' is just a bit silly.

This is good news, as any more cruises from Scotland are welcome to me. Short breaks are much more achievable when you don't have to drive for 8 hours to join the ship. I'll certainly be interested to see what the itineraries are like.
      Duncan S

See my blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
        In 2018/2019, Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Balmoral, will be sailing from Edinburgh (Rosyth) for the first time ever, operating a total of nine cruises.

Cruises from May to July, include a five-night "Norwegian Fjords" departure, a 14-night "Scandinavia & St. Petersburg" Baltic discovery, and a nine-night "German Waterways" experience.

Justin Stanton, Sales and Marketing Director for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:“We are proud of Fred. Olsen’s long-standing links with Scotland, and we are looking forward to introducing our flagship Balmoral to Edinburgh in 2018, further enhancing our cruises for Scottish guests".

(Fred Olsen)
        Alas FO are outwith my budget. £250 per day (inside room) for a Scottish cruise where the transport element can be bought for less than £100! Azamara are cheaper!

Annie
        Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 3rd April 2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
        X