• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britannia Entertainment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britannia Entertainment

Cruise ship Britannia is to host a five-night residency for Boyzlife, the Irish supergroup formed by Brian McFadden and Keith Duffy.

The Westlife and Boyzone stars will appear in the P&O ship’s Limelight Club, an intimate supper lounge where guests have a three-course meal before the entertainment – which usually consists of conversation and song.

For Duffy, the visit will be a return to the ship on which he competed in TV’s Battlechefs last year. He said: “We are very excited to be taking our sell-out tour to sea and entertaining Britannia’s guests with music and stories from life on the road.

(P&O)

Malcolm says: Who? P&O are obviously trying to cater for the younger generation of cruise passenger.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
    (P&O)

Malcolm says: Who? P&O are obviously trying to cater for the younger generation of cruise passenger.
    Probably not that much of a younger generation!
    2018-
    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

And I guess they will be charging passengers a good supplement for those that want the privilege of seeing them.

Comment

Don't see a problem. I welcome a more diverse entertainment selection. it will make a change from Jacki Graham in the Limelight Club.

P&O are using Britannia to target the younger end of the cruising spectrum. Quizzes that have 21st century music in them, no carpet bowls, fewer crooners, more bands with newer songs and comedians that don't tell mother-in-law jokes or have racist or homophobic undertones. Bring it on!

Comment

We tried the Limelight Club on Britannia and saw a Morecombe and Wise tribute act. They were very convincing and although there was a charge we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the set up of the room as a cabaret venue. It felt like a very different evening.

I am all for something different on ships as we have pretty much given up on the company production numbers with the same old dance moves and songs..Carol

Comment

Both Boyzone and Westlife were manufactured bands aimed at a "wider demographic".Westlife in particular had quite a wide range of ages who followed them.In addition if you were a young Boyzone fan when they first formed,that was 24 years ago!
            I agree about a wider variety of acts being a forward move.Of course it is also a way of making more revenue...
            Many cruise lines have gone down the road of a meal and cabaret option.
            I do sense that years ago more "semi-retired" acts went on cruises.Many now seem to prefer joint tours or a variety of reality shows to "relaunch" their career.
            If I had a performing talent,I know which option I'd go for, though I'd probably be constantly dieting once I got ashore!

Comment

I like the Limelight Club, we saw Madelaine Bell there and it was well worth the money. It's a lovely small, intimate but relaxed venue and I would go again if I was on Britannia.

Comment

Hi all
                I think P&O are leading the way when it comes to evening entertainment,,just about exceeding the turns on my cruise last year on Royal Caribbean.
                The choice on one ship,be it Comedians,Singers,faux Magicians,Tribute Bands,Piano or Classical (for those who want it),,,,not forgetting the best resident bands i have seen on any ship.

The Limelight Club on Britannia is definitely worth a punt,i agree with Val,,,a really entertaining evening,relaxing with good turns,a decent meal,,a great concept.
                Last year we pre-booked the Limelight to see Jaki Graham,but once onboard realised the night we booked was Formal Night,,,although there is no need for the formality in the Limelight,,we didn't want to miss Formal in the MDR.
                We changed the night on board for the Morecombe & Wise tribute,like Carol we thought them hilarious.
                Who will ever forget the 'paper bag' sketch.

Cruising is moving on,,,people want more than sitting in a bar listening to a musician playing a harp or a violin,the bar in silence.
                If that makes me a Philistine,,,so be it!!!
                JC
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSEBASKETS, Yorkshire View Post
                  Don't see a problem. I welcome a more diverse entertainment selection. it will make a change from Jacki Graham in the Limelight Club.

P&O are using Britannia to target the younger end of the cruising spectrum. Quizzes that have 21st century music in them, no carpet bowls, fewer crooners, more bands with newer songs and comedians that don't tell mother-in-law jokes or have racist or homophobic undertones. Bring it on!

Add decent food, a wine package and we might add to our one and only P&O cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                    Add decent food, a wine package and we might add to our one and only P&O cruise.
                    Hi Howarth.
                    I find the food much improved last year.

They do Wine Packages in 4-6-9-12 bottle orders......Two different packages,,,one for ordinary wines,one for the more high quality,,so they tell me....from £74.50 for 4 bottles of ordinary,to £230 for 12bottles of better quality.

I don't have the problem being a Guinness drinker....£3.85 a can.

Or for you Southerners,,,,a 'Beer Flight',,,3 drink taster,1/3 pint each.

The Southern Collection - £3.95.
                    Oxfordshire, Oxford Gold,Brakspear Brewery4.6% abv
                    Classic English Ale, CornwallTribute,St Austell4.2% abv
                    Pale Ale, WiltshireOrange Peel,Wadworth & CO LTD6.0% abv.

JC
                    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post
                      To be fair, there is a good selection of wines by the bottle at reasonable prices on P&O, cheaper than booking a package and having to pay 18% gratuity. Plus when traveling on P&O we factor in the cost of the the pay restaurants and usually only spend formal nights in the MDR. We especially like the Beach House.

Comment

How much do P&O pay people to sit through a Morecambe & Wise tribute act?

Do they offer free drinks or anesthetic?.......Wilba
                        Wilba

Comment

Originally posted by Wilba View Post
                          How much do P&O pay people to sit through a Morecambe & Wise tribute act?

Do they offer free drinks or anesthetic?.......Wilba
                          Lol,
                          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 27th February 2017, 05:54 PM.
                          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I would definitely pay to see them, the other acts don't really appeal to me.

Wilba, don't be naughty, with the Morecambe and Wise jokes again!!........................................... ...............Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                              I would definitely pay to see them, the other acts don't really appeal to me.

Wilba, don't be naughty, with the Morecambe and Wise jokes again!!........................................... ...............Carol
                              I can't help it Carol, I just think the people who find them funny are funnier than them!!!!!! (M&W that is).
                              Wilba

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X