• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BA make plane seats SMALLER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA make plane seats SMALLER

British Airways to make plane seats even SMALLER to squeeze extra passengers into economy on 777s* | Daily Mail Online

Another excuse to cruise, if you need one!
    See my cruise blog: HERE

They all bang on about seat pitch, leg room and so on - even the travelling public have been hooked into this. But even more important is the space between you and your neighbour - especially if a meal is involved.

Bill

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Unfortunately Bill, people are more concerned about 'space' in their wallets after they have paid, which necessitates more seats and less frills.
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Don't often fly economy, unless it's a short flight. It's just as well, my fat bum probably wouldn't fit!

Comment

Hi Malcolm.
          Didn't BA mention a few months ago that they were thinking of reducing the seat width on their 787's so they could add another row of aisle seats?

Cheers OSD
          Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

I read this a couple of days ago.

Cramming more people onto planes, charging for food on short haul flights - remind you of any other airline??

London airports and BA are on my 'ignore' list currently.

Annie

Comment

Willie Walsh has turned BA from a full service airline to a poor version of a low cost carrier, when I was a very frequent flyer it was a pleasure to get on your BA flight, especially long haul as it felt as though you were half way home, now I am sorry to say that we avoid BA when we can, we have 6 hour plus flights in the next 6 weeks all on routes served by BA but we are flying Emirates, even 5 years ago that would not have been the case.

Other airlines now have newer, more comfortable planes the BA Club class is now very outdated on both short and long haulflights.

John

Comment

Hi all
                Just booked an Easyjet flight to Amsterdam,,,,£23 + £9.99 for a legroom seat.
                Early morning flight,,,,£4.50 for a coffee and a 'to die for' hot bacon baguette.

ps,Easyjet flights came out on Friday for next summer,,,,,bag yourself a Med cruise with Easyjet flights,,,,,i have!!

Fleet ave age....
                BA=12.7yrs
                Easyjet=6.6Yrs

JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 6th November 2016, 10:24 AM.
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

And from next winter, BA are squeezing an extra two rows of seats into their A320s and A321s, giving you the same seat pitch as Easyjet and a poorer seat pitch than RyanAir!

Most of the slides from BA's "Capital Markets" presentation are available to view on line. But there is one genuine slide that you won't find there, and which shows you what BA really cares about. See British Airways 2017 Capital Markets Day slides

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi all
                    Just booked an Easyjet flight to Amsterdam,,,,£23 + £9.99 for a legroom seat.
                    Early morning flight,,,,£4.50 for a coffee and a 'to die for' hot bacon baguette.

ps,Easyjet flights came out on Friday for next summer,,,,,bag yourself a Med cruise with Easyjet flights,,,,,i have!!

Fleet ave age....
                    BA=12.7yrs
                    Easyjet=6.6Yrs
                    JC
                    Make the most of it JC. When the targets for greenhouse gas emissions are missed, governments will increase CO2 tax on flights quite sharply. No more cheap flights then.

Cheers OSD
                    Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

reminds of the early days of dubai as a tourist destination. flew out in a boeing 777 only few passengers aboard and many passengers laid across the central seats and slept.

return journey changed flight and has to go on a airbus 319 on route india via dubai to LHR the seats were so small the head dug into my shoulder blades [not adjustable] and no leg had to stand up for most for the flight. this was emirates airline smallest seats i have come come across,

Comment

Just can't believe BA are making seats even smaller. If you sit next to someone large they are half in your lap already and 30 passengers to a toilet when crew don't think it is there job to clean and tidy them is beyond me....

Think BA has once again got it all wrong. Think our long haul days in economy are over....

Comment

wait till they weight passengers and add a surcharge for fat passengers over a set limit. Hawaii has as airline that does this

Comment

Why the outrage? BA are following others. American for instance have had this economy configuration on their transatlantic triple seven for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                              Why the outrage? BA are following others. American for instance have had this economy configuration on their transatlantic triple seven for a while.
                              Indeed. But I'm guessing you don't sit at the back of the plane Mrs M. If you did, you would understand the outrage!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X