• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post cruise TATTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post cruise TATTS

Anyone had post tired all the time syndrome after a long cruise
    We both have it bad extreme tiredness just want to sleep all the time, had it twelve days and no let up yet

Never sailed for as long as you have Duetto so not really experienced it.

Think how long you were way for and how much you saw and did and all the planning leading up to it. Someone else did all the cooking and laundry and looked after all your needs so it doesn't surprise me that you are coming down from a huge adventure and that you are now back home and relaxing.

As long as you have no other symptoms other than tiredness then I would give in to the sleeping for now and see how it goes. If it persists then a chat with your GP wouldn't go amiss....Carol

Comment

Book another cruise to recover from you last one. You are suffering withdrawal symptoms 😄 Must admit I don't suffer after a long voyage. I just swing back into work and carry on as normal, but maybe you need time to re climatise. Book a Cunard cruise to heip you feel better. Take care and wishing you a speedy return to normality. 😊

Comment

never been on a cruise as long as yours Duetto,but been on a ship for 2 years then returned to the UK and had 3 weeks at home before going on another 2 year trip away from home,the only symptoms I ever had was the urge to get away again,
        jim

Comment

I have had the total relax syndrome getting on a ship

Sleep eat relax for 3 days before getting interested in doing stuff.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it, I am always so tired when I get back from a cruise however long it has been (longest has been 35 nights) and I put this down to the change of routine, at home I am an early riser .. up most days by 5.00 am, I love being on a ship because I know I will 'Sleep for England' and I do, rarely rousing much before about 8.00 am and of course rising later I have the stamina to stay up later so when I get home I live in hope this will continue ( it doesn't ) after 2/3 weeks I am back to early mornings and unfortunately I am someone who once awake I have to get up.

I'm sure when you do a world cruise your brain must go into shut down .. what is there to think about ?? other than what what do you eat today, which lectures do you attend, should you/shouldn't you go to the theatre ( I'm sure you get my drift )

Now you are home and back to reality and no doubt you haven't stopped in the last twelve days so just give yourself a little more time .. your body clock needs to adjust !!
            Jo

Comment

I agree with DQ, Duetto.

You've lived in a cocoon over the last few months and even being at sea for a month can, to a certain extent, 'institutionalise' [luxurious though it may be] you. No thinking, everything done for you, just relax and let life at sea drift by...and now you have re-entered the real world again.
              Don't worry if it takes time to re-adjust.

Comment

I like Maggie must admit I never felt that way after our world cruises, to much to do and catch up with family and friends, I even got myself a few hours work a week, as I was full of energy, I suppose its horses for course Duetto , everyone is different.CG
                sigpic

Comment

I think dq has is nearest. We are early risers too. Had hoped it would have rased by now
                  Thanks for replying everyone.

Comment

There are worse things in life Duetto. Just be glad that you have been fortunate enough to do this cruise. I'm sure that the tiredness will pass.

We did a worldie and wanted to do another BUT circumstances do not allow us to now. So, we are just glad that we were fortunate enough to do one when we did. Think on that.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X