• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"And we Shall Have Snow"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And we Shall Have Snow"

The North hit by snow .

Heavy snow affects travel in Yorkshire and Lancashire - BBC News

Pictures from the BBC web site.

We are lucky no local snow but looking out we can see snow all around on the surrounding hills and mountains ,Snowden up into the Denby hills.
    Not enough contrast to get a good picture.
    Whats it like where you live...Taffy
    ​Taffy

Thankfully no snow in this part of Essex, lovely sunny day with blue sky and no clouds, more like a Spring day

Hope the snow clears in Yorkshire by May as we are thinking of spending few days then in the Whitby area..
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

No snow here on the North East coast just rain , Oh dear I hate waking up to rain as the dog needs her walk and she has a double coat takes ages to dry her .

Comment

Sunny first thing, now snowing gently, but not settling at all. Thank goodness.

Comment

Hi taffy yes we have the white stuff further down here on cardigan bay. I imagine Victoria also has had some today where she is.
          We've had huge big flakes. It settled here on the coast but has now melted. But the villages in land are a different matter.
          We look north to Snowdonia and it looks white from what we can see too.

Comment

After a lovely sunny day yesterday, it was raining heavily late last night and this morning we've woken up to a white world which is rapidly turning into slush. I heard on the radio that Leeds and Bradford Airport was closed earlier this morning and a number of schools in Yorkshire are closed. I also heard that the bad weather is heading south into the Midlands.....

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
              After a lovely sunny day yesterday, it was raining heavily late last night and this morning we've woken up to a white world which is rapidly turning into slush. I heard on the radio that Leeds and Bradford Airport was closed earlier this morning and a number of schools in Yorkshire are closed. I also heard that the bad weather is heading south into the Midlands.....
              I hope not. Our DIL is due to give birth to our first grandchild today, although the nipper may have other ideas.
              Logic will get you from A to B.
              Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkinsmg View Post
                Hi taffy yes we have the white stuff further down here on cardigan bay. I imagine Victoria also has had some today where she is.
                We've had huge big flakes. It settled here on the coast but has now melted. But the villages in land are a different matter.
                We look north to Snowdonia and it looks white from what we can see too.
                Hi Hawkinsmg

The snow is well down looking from our side ,we have rain and its persisting down at the moment.
                Makes me pleased to live near the coast...Taffy
                ​Taffy

Comment

Hi Taffy, your views must be amazing from where you live. This morning started with brilliant sunshine. We then had about 15 minutes of very large snow flakes followed by sunshine - so at least it didn't settle. Second time this winter we have had a very short burst of snow. Beryl

Comment

The report from the Berkshire jury:

Dry, cold, bright and windy.

Comment

I can see a little snow on the highest mountains, but it's been hot and sunny, otherwise.
                      There again, we are in the hills behind Malaga....
                      Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocap, Cumbria View Post
                        I can see a little snow on the highest mountains, but it's been hot and sunny, otherwise.
                        There again, we are in the hills behind Malaga....
                        Sounds lovely Jo. It really is a fab place to be. A morning skiing up in the Sierra Nevada and an afternoon on a beach on the Costal del Sol. Mmmm that brought back memories.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X