• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member descriptions like ships cat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member descriptions like ships cat.

As a fairly new member I often wonder where they get these odd descriptions on Ships Cat, Able seaman or whatever from. I see that some members believe we have to earn promotion to the higher categories. Perhaps somebody at admin can enlighten us poor unsuspecting members.

There are various grades depending on the number of posts you have made, I think the thresholds are 100, 500, 1000 and 1500. To find out who's got what; click on Member List in the blue bar, then member list again and then when you have a list of members you can sort them in order by clicking on 'Posts' . I hope this helped :-)
    sigpic
    Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
    Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

Originally posted by Jossers, Maidstone View Post
      As a fairly new member I often wonder where they get these odd descriptions on Ships Cat, Able seaman or whatever from. I see that some members believe we have to earn promotion to the higher categories. Perhaps somebody at admin can enlighten us poor unsuspecting members.
      Find this thread and all will be explained:
      http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-latest_news/1795-you_ships_cat_cook_captain.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jossers, Maidstone View Post

Click on the members list and see for yourself some just join and never visit again some just look in and read the posts what is needed is to get more participants that will generate more information from different points of view.

Comment

I'm a tad dispirited by the enormous chasm that lies before me in terms of my next promotion. I didn't work this hard for my degree!

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat, Argolida View Post
            I'm a tad dispirited by the enormous chasm that lies before me in terms of my next promotion. I didn't work this hard for my degree!
            A promotion? What's the reward?
            sigpic
            Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
            Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
            Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
            Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Comment

You can now sit at the table and eat your dinner with everybody else when you reach 500 instead of eating in the galley with the other 950 ships cooks. ;)
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              Cruisings Cool
              sigpic
              Cruisings Cool

Comment

What does it take to become a Jimmy the one?

Comment

I quite enjoy being a ships cat it means I can laze around in the sun all day and not do any work, just get fed and cuddled.

Comment

Originally posted by Dartcruiser, dartcruiser View Post
                    I quite enjoy being a ships cat it means I can laze around in the sun all day and not do any work, just get fed and cuddled.
                    And being a cat you have servants, unlike dogs who have masters. -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    Cruisings Cool
                    sigpic
                    Cruisings Cool

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X