• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you get clothes for your cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you get clothes for your cruise

Each cruise with us entails buying a lot of new clothes especially with the wife. But the problem so many clothes stores have gone from good quality clothing to dreadful poor quality cheap tatt.

We have tried Amazon but 99% has gone back the same day cheap chinnese very poor quality. even high street outlets have moved to cheap poor quality.

Our favourites are Landsend clothing[out and about clothing] and M&S but with M&S some of their stuff has followed this trend. JL is still fairly good.

Where do readers shop for cruise clothing? What are your Favourites clothing stores for your next cruise

Try the laundrette.

Comment

Where do I get my cruise clothes from?

My wardrobe.

I don't have any designated cruise clothes or shoes.

Comment

Great minds think the same and like Mrs.M most of my cruise clothes come out if my wardrobe. If I do treat myself it is usually from Marks and Spencer or Debenhams.
        Oriana
        Oceana
        Ventura
        Queen Mary 2
        Queen Victoria
        Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Out of the suitcase.
          I get to my cabin and open the suitcase and my clothes have always been in there. I think I am just lucky and have a packing fairy, that must work alongside the hoovering and dusting fairies.......strangely the OH doesn't believe in them!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have had some lovely clothes from Gray & Osbourne, lots of cruise wear.

Comment

I don't really have any dedicated cruise clothing... I try to buy things that I can wear more often than that!

Generally I get a lot of stuff from Debenhams and GAP.

Comment

H&M for t-shirts,Debenhams of House of Fraser for anything else. Jan.

Comment

I rarely have to buy clothes for cruises as I have more in my wardrobe then Debenhams stock. I never take less then 100 dresses on a world cruise. plus my 40 some pairs of shoes
                  If I want a new long formal dress I on made to measure her ein Cyprus as i have an excellent dressmaker. I buy some of my theme ball outfits from Ebay. The best place to but dressing in the theme of things for Cunard balls.
                  I did receive an email the other day. (Goodness how they get your details) from a shop online called "Julipa" i think it part of the Minsota group of online shops and I think they are in Manchester. They looked to have some nice things for cruising. Not my style but looked OK. I prefer Karen Millen.

Comment

There's Ebay, a local annual nearly new sale, outlet shops and sales.

I've just sold on a dress on Ebay that I bought for cruising at the nearly new sale. I was surprised to get as much as I did for it, as I did specify that it needed some TLC as some of the beads had fallen off.

I do have some special items of clothing. I work fulltime in an office, and don't have any opportunity to wear the cocktail dress that I bought for my first Cunard voyage.
                    2018-
                    Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                    NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                    Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                    Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                    Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Depends what I'm buying. T-shirts, vest tops, socks, shorts etc for day wear and kids nothing wrong with primark. Evening dresses my favourites are monsoon, phase eight and quiz. Smart I like Wallis. Lovely day out shopping in cardiff. Next year's day trip to Cardiff is already booked for pre cruise/holiday bits and Bob's the week before we go away because we've booked to see mrs browns boys on tour!

Comment

M&S / Wallis for "everyday smarts" ... Primark for T shirts ... ebay for "posh" evening clothes which will have very limited wear

At leasr that's how it used to be; I'm gradually buying more and more stuff online

Cheers,
                        Lynn

Comment

I'm amazed that so many people like Primark stuff.

I've bought a few bits and bobs from there, but none of it lasts and the fit is fairly poor too. I don't buy anything from there anymore. But hey, it is cheap!

I wish we could get away from the disposable culture and on to something more ethically conscious, and I do in many aspects of life, but with clothing it can be a real challenge with basically nothing on the high street. I suppose the very nature of fashion is that it doesn't last, so maybe there's very little demand for it.

Comment

I buy mine from the small chain stores you find on every high street. They're called charity shops. If the cruise or airline lose your case then it's no big deal.

Cheers OSD
                            Our cruising days are over now.................

Comment

I've just bought a new formal dress from MissSelfridge of all places. It was the last place I expected to find something for me, but it's gorgeous.......................................... .................................................. Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X