• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ask Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ask Why?

Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Most packages say "Open here". What do you do if the package says, "Open somewhere else"?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
    sigpic
    Twitter: @cruisegrant l Blog: cruisegrant.wordpress.com l
    Next cruises: Celebrity Eclipse (May 2015)
    Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway
    Ship Visits: MSC Opera, HAL Ryndam, Royal Princess, MSC Magnifica

Suggestion only

Great questions !

Perhaps the answer to the last one is because noise is distracting and you need to concentrate.

I am sure there will be many more questions in a similar vein.

Comment

I always switch my radio off when I am trying to park, especially parallel parking, it does seem to help..Carol

Comment

I'm in trouble

I think there should be an automatic fanfare which is played when a woman manages to reverse park correctly into a spot!!!!!!!!!! Neil

Comment

LOL Grant - Did you get a new book for christmas or is it the best of the joke emails

Blimey I feel I've read this some place before
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Last edited by Barrowman, Bedford; 28th January 2010, 09:52 AM. Reason: Duplication
          sigpic
          Cruisings Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
            I think there should be an automatic fanfare which is played when a woman manages to reverse park correctly into a spot!!!!!!!!!! Neil
            Oh Neil..... you feeling Brave today? lol
            sigpic
            Past 6 years: Independence of the Seas (x3), Queen Mary 2 (x7), Celebrity Eclipse (x2), NCL Norwegian Jade, P&O Aurora (2), NCL Getaway

Comment

Neil, I know who you are and I know where you live!!:mad:..Carolx

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Down, Southampton View Post
                I fully intended to give Neil a metaphorical slap, but my reverse parking is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post
                  LOL Grant - Did you get a new book for christmas or is it the best of the joke emails -
                  You're a trendsetter Barrowman - You started a wave :D
                  sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=grantthomas, Emsworth;26891]

-----------------------------------------------------
                    Whatever the reason is they dont work! the plane still sinks I'm afraid.

Or perhaps it's more obvious like Spartans signature say's
                    "There are more planes in the sea than ships in the sky"
                    sigpic
                    Cruisings Cool

Comment

Somebody and I can't remember who, did a really funny sketch about plane crashes. They said that when they tell you to clamp the oxygen mask to your face that was so no one could hear your screams, and the lifejackets with their flashing lights and whistle would be perfect if the plane ever crashed into a disco! All of which reminds me I will be happy if I never fly again, give me the sea anytimeCarol

Comment

[QUOTE=Barrowman, Bedford;27209]
                        Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post

Whatever the reason is they dont work! the plane still sinks I'm afraid.

Or perhaps it's more obvious like Spartans signature say's
                        "There are more planes in the sea than ships in the sky"
                        The truth is even worse : It wouldn't help most people on a plane to have a parachute, evacuation would be a nightmare, no auto-open on the chutes, getting sucked into the engines and the fact that nearly as many people would crash into the ground and die as if they'd have stayed on a crashing plane

Ooh and at high altitude you'd need oxygen aswell, exit at too high a speed or too high altitude & you'd die!!

Cheery but true, you actually have a better chance of survival strapped into your seat!
                        We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Shelledpea, Stalybridge, nr Manchester;27231]
                          Originally posted by Barrowman, Bedford View Post

The truth is even worse : It wouldn't help most people on a plane to have a parachute, evacuation would be a nightmare, no auto-open on the chutes, getting sucked into the engines and the fact that nearly as many people would crash into the ground and die as if they'd have stayed on a crashing plane

Ooh and at high altitude you'd need oxygen aswell, exit at too high a speed or too high altitude & you'd die!!

Cheery but true, you actually have a better chance of survival strapped into your seat!
                          Well that helped this non-flyer stay firmly fixed on cruising!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by grantthomas, Emsworth View Post
                            Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Most packages say "Open here". What do you do if the package says, "Open somewhere else"?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
                            Very droll, almost like a pub quiz.

I can answer the driver's licence requirement for buying alcohol.

Your date of birth is concealed within the numerical sequence and that, amongst other identity checks, is used by car rental firms to check who you claim to be - they will also ask you to disclose your date of birth to see if it coincides with the licence details, which for some reason you may have 'borrowed' from a family member with a 'clean' licence.

Comment

[QUOTE=grantthomas

[[COLOR=black]COLOR=black]They dont, they stick the pan to the teflon!! [/COLOR][/COLOR]

It would be to heavy, and make nasty grooves in the runway when it landed without the undercarridge in the down position!! ;)
                              sigpic
                              Cruisings Cool

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X