• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget cruising?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolkboy, Norfolk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bradbury, Coventry View Post
    Realistically I dont think there are any 'budget' cruise lines either. If you had asked me about 7 years ago - I would have said MSC whom you could travel with for around £300 per week, some of the frills were missing, like having to pay for Tea and coffee and water, Food wasnt available 24/7 but they have moved on a lot since then and now their pricing is inline with many other cruise companies now too.

Hello Bradbury, thinking again the only one I would have considered budget would have been 'Easycruise' but unlike it's more successful airline, it didn't last long.

NB.

Leave a comment:

• Bradbury, Coventry
    replied
    Originally posted by Norfolkboy, Norfolk View Post
    Here goes my first attempt at starting a new thread, sorry if it's been covered before.

I've read a lot about so called 'budget cruiselines' the classic example I suppose is Thomson, however they are on occasions more expensive than more exclusive lines such as Cunard or P&O , so how do you define the word budget?

For me 'budget' means my personal maximum spend, I personally don't think there is such a thing a a budget cruiseline.

Hope that makes sense

Cheers NB.
    Realistically I dont think there are any 'budget' cruise lines either. If you had asked me about 7 years ago - I would have said MSC whom you could travel with for around £300 per week, some of the frills were missing, like having to pay for Tea and coffee and water, Food wasnt available 24/7 but they have moved on a lot since then and now their pricing is inline with many other cruise companies now too.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X