• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Tis the season to...buy fence panels!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tis the season to...buy fence panels!

Hope you all had a merry christmas and will have a happy new year with lots of cruises.

In the midlands, we've missed the worst of the weather,so far, but this morning we discovered a fence panel had come down..not too bad...but it had brought the wrought iron gate down with it, ouch!

So, 'tis the season to buy fence panels.

I know that we've been lucky and would just like to send out wishes that all forumites are still safe and sound.

cheers.

Hi
    We got about 6 panels to get plus posts]and we lost a tree!.However friends of ours live in Kent and have lost 2 cars and a motorbike,all completely under water.

Comment

I feel so sorry for those poor people affected by the storms,sending them all good wishes.We are having very strong gusts,but all ok so far! Jan.

Comment

We've escaped the worst of the storms, but the rain has caused minor floods. I feel for those who have suffered damage and worse. Let's hope for better in the New Year. Happy cruising!

Comment

Originally posted by liauq, w mids View Post
          Hope you all had a merry christmas and will have a happy new year with lots of cruises.

In the midlands, we've missed the worst of the weather,so far, but this morning we discovered a fence panel had come down..not too bad...but it had brought the wrought iron gate down with it, ouch!

So, 'tis the season to buy fence panels.

I know that we've been lucky and would just like to send out wishes that all forumites are still safe and sound.

cheers.
          We also live in the Midlands and consider ourselves lucky that so far we have only lost two fence panels. I really feel for all the people with no power and those flooded out of their homes and losing their possessions. I hope the New Year will be a better year for them all. Take care and God Bless.
          Oriana
          Oceana
          Ventura
          Queen Mary 2
          Queen Victoria
          Queen Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by mark, beccles View Post
            Hi
            We got about 6 panels to get plus posts]and we lost a tree!.However friends of ours live in Kent and have lost 2 cars and a motorbike,all completely under water.
            We have friends who enjoyed bangers on the BBQ for Christmas lunch, plus some trout for starters and one of my favourite puds, bananas cooked in their skins, dribbled with brandy and served without the cream as the fridge had been without power for a while.

Apparently, the Dunkirk spirit made for an interesting and 'all pull together' kind of day.

Comment

We have had, as those sailing out of Southampton will confirm, the worst winds I have ever experienced and that includes a time in my youth when we lived in Ilfracombe. We have been lucky in that only a piece of trellis decided to go walk-about. The torrential rain and hail has helped to make this a very different kind of winter.

My heart goes out however to all though thousands who have suffered with no power and awful floods. I am sure that until it happens to you it is difficult to appreciate how devastating it really is. So my sympathies are totally with them. .....Neil

Comment

Living in my part of the West of Scotland, we are relatively unscathed. No fencing down ...... yet.

However due to track problems between Preston and Carlisle my train journey south to London has been postponed until tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the rail employees who have to clear railway tracks of trampolines etc.

My heart goes out to those who have been flooded but we must stop building houses on flood plains.

Annie

Comment

We've got off lightly so far (touch wood) although my wheelie bin was blown over last night but I didn't hear a thing having had a little too much wine in the evening.

Comment

We have suffered from excessive wind lately but only that caused by seasonal brussel sprouts, so consider ourselves very lucky as it was self inflicted.

On a serious note my car was seriously damaged by a falling tree last month though no one was hurt. We also did have to replace the garage roof which was completely smashed when a vandal decided it might be funny to jump on it. (He went right through it actually) Having seen the damage caused by one young lad and one small tree I am so sorry for everyone who has suffered this way, I cant imagine just how bad it must be to have your house flooded especially at this time of year.

I hope 2014 is a good year for you all - x

Comment

I had concrete posts put in when a couple of wooden posts went over in the wind just after I moved in, about 7 years ago. I lost one fence panel on Monday night, and luckily my neighbour managed to slot it back in. Last night was nowhere near as bad as Monday. My daughter managed to get a National Express coach down on Monday, but it was running nowhere near to timetable. The train websites are confusing, and it's unclear whether or not there are any trains running from Portsmouth to London tomorrow. She's booked another coach. We have to get down into Portsmouth tomorrow morning so that she can be on the 7.30 am coach!
                      2018-
                      Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                      NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                      Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                      Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                      Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

It's been a terrible Christmas for so many, and sadly, this flooding seems to be happening more frequently, and in areas which have not seen flooding before. We've probably all seen it now in our local area- our nearby town flooded twice this week, and that's after flooding from the sea was halted some years ago with lock gates.....this time, water rolled down the streets and into the sea.
                        My prayers are for all the people who are coping with the results of this weather.
                        Jo.

Comment

I feel so sorry for all those people who have had damage to their homes, especially flooding and at Christmas too. We are lucky where we live. We always say that the Welsh hills and the Mersey estuary are protecting us as we rarely get bad weather. After saying that we rarely get good hot summers either. I hope the rest of the winter isn't too bad for all of us. Happy New Year everyone and plenty of cruises in 2014. LINDA
                          Greenaway, Cheshire

Comment

Feel sorry for those who had or are experiencing minor or major calamities recently. Pray that the worst is over and all can look forward to another calmer year.

Comment

No fence panels down thanks goodness and no flooding or trees down in my neck of the woods, although our drains were blocked having to deal with all the water coming of the roofs. [ t cleared it self a day later].
                              I feel so sorry for those affected.

With all this flooding I wonder about concreting over gardens etc also building on floodplains seems foolish.

Happy New year to you all.CG
                              sigpic

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X