• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you wish you had not spoken at all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you wish you had not spoken at all

What about those moments when a phrase slips from your lips and realise to your horror you should never have said that?

Once there was a lady with one arm who was struggling to hold her purchase and open her handbag to pay at the checkout of a shop.

I said ' Can I give you a hand ?' !!!!!:o

Christiaan- you've revived one of my pillow-biting moments.
    Sitting next to a woman in church, who I've always known to be blind, and offering to share my hymn book.
    Jo.
    Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Christiaan, Ocean Shores View Post
      What about those moments when a phrase slips from your lips and realise to your horror you should never have said that?

Once there was a lady with one arm who was struggling to hold her purchase and open her handbag to pay at the checkout of a shop.

My daughter is in a wheelchair so will roll up the aisle :D

Comment

These moments are priceless in retrospect! It is a comfort to know that others (including Prince Philip ) are capable of it . George Bush did quite well too , but not in the same league.

Comment

Like another ? I was at talking to a charming Moslem lady who was visiting her family in this country for a holiday. We were both waiting in a busy shopping centre.

As my husband arrived I said 'Goodbye , it was so nice to meet you' then added ' Happy Christmas !'

Comment

Originally posted by spartan, kent View Post
            My daughter is in a wheelchair so will roll up the aisle :D
            Oh Spartan , I have read your posts and I know you will be proudest father ever ! When is the wedding to be held ?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
              Christiaan- you've revived one of my pillow-biting moments.
              Sitting next to a woman in church, who I've always known to be blind, and offering to share my hymn book.
              Jo.
              That is hilarious Jo ! At least she couldn't see your blushes.

Comment

I attended a funeral at a Crematorium and as we were all standing outside waiting for the hearse to arrive a few flurrys of snow started to fall and it was freezing. As there was a lull in the conversation I said "Never mind it will be nice and warm inside" horrified looks and a few smirks. Foot and mouth once again in perfect alignment.:oCarol

Comment

As a new, young headteacher I was interviewed by a newspaper for my views when Labour were elected in 1997 and we got a brand new Education Secretary. I waffled on and described him as a man of great 'vision'. He was David Blunkett...

Comment

Recently had to answer questions for on the telephone for an official form. The lady asked if i would mind if she asked for my ethnic origins, I said "o you know just normal ordinary british white."Whoops

Comment

we were in a Spanish Restaurant a few of us, as the waiter was standing waiting for us to order, one of the ladies said how many testicules does a squid have,embarresment all around :o

Comment

Originally posted by Brian, Swinton View Post
                        we were in a Spanish Restaurant a few of us, as the waiter was standing waiting for us to order, one of the ladies said how many testicules does a squid have,embarresment all around :o
                        Is it 6 or 8 ? I can never remember :D

Comment

We were looking after our grandaughters rabbit while they were away. It died suddenly. So I took it to the vets to determine the cause so I could explain to them. I said to the vet ' Sorry it's a little stiff' 5 minutes later when they had picked themselves up off the floor! It WAS natural causes.:o
                          sigpic*Carol M*

Comment

Originally posted by the mumfords, Nr. rotherham View Post
                            We were looking after our grandaughters rabbit while they were away. It died suddenly. So I took it to the vets to determine the cause so I could explain to them. I said to the vet ' Sorry it's a little stiff' 5 minutes later when they had picked themselves up off the floor! It WAS natural causes.:o
                            Nearly fell off the chair at that one.
                            Carol- on duty at church for a funeral, nice day, unlike the previous wet funeral, and I actually said it was a nice day for a funeral to one of the guests when they came in.....Don't think they noticed!- Jo.
                            Jo.

Comment

Before I retired I was in the mobility business, and on one occasion I was collecting a wheelchair from a persons home, when the door was opened by a gentleman using crutches, I said I had come to collect your wheelchair, and commented that he did not need to use it anymore, to which he replied " It's not mine, it was my wifes, she died last night. My apologies just did'nt seem enough at the time!!
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Cruisings Cool
                              sigpic
                              Cruisings Cool

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X