• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankers,Bonuses,Battallions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankers,Bonuses,Battallions

Why are the Banks and their Insurance Co. subsidiarys missing the marketing and sponsorship opportunity of the century.Instead of paying out the ridiculous bonuses to the ridiculous people who seem to believe that gambling with taxpayer's money on such things as "financial instruments" is some sort of skill;why don't they divert the bonus money to support and sponsor our troops in Afghanistan.Imagine the kudos to be gained by Halifax if they they sponsored the first soldier to eXit Afghanistan after order has been restored there.What about The R.B.S Formula 1 Armoured Vehicle race to the Pakistan border instead of throwing money at the young millionaire boy races Jensen Button et al.The Barclays Battle Group has a nice ring to it too.Natwest in the Northwest Frontier sounds promising also.Free Life Cover for any of our troops killed in action fighting on our behalf would work really well for the patriotically named Churchill insurance as well.The first bank to do something like this would be certain to gain my business and I'm sure that of many more customers.In conclusion May and Me(Stan) pray for our Boys and Girls in that far off land to have a Happy and above all SAFE Christmas!!

Safe Christmas

Originally posted by stanandmaydupp, doncaster View Post
    Why are the Banks and their Insurance Co. subsidiarys missing the marketing and sponsorship opportunity of the century.Instead of paying out the ridiculous bonuses to the ridiculous people who seem to believe that gambling with taxpayer's money on such things as "financial instruments" is some sort of skill;why don't they divert the bonus money to support and sponsor our troops in Afghanistan.Imagine the kudos to be gained by Halifax if they they sponsored the first soldier to eXit Afghanistan after order has been restored there.What about The R.B.S Formula 1 Armoured Vehicle race to the Pakistan border instead of throwing money at the young millionaire boy races Jensen Button et al.The Barclays Battle Group has a nice ring to it too.Natwest in the Northwest Frontier sounds promising also.Free Life Cover for any of our troops killed in action fighting on our behalf would work really well for the patriotically named Churchill insurance as well.The first bank to do something like this would be certain to gain my business and I'm sure that of many more customers.In conclusion May and Me(Stan) pray for our Boys and Girls in that far off land to have a Happy and above all SAFE Christmas!!
    I think everybody would wish them all a safe xmas, Should we be there anyway, Again the Americans starting something,and unable to finish anything, getting us involved and now carnage, when will the Americans learn!!
    Doesn't any one remember Russia going into Afganistan, they were unable to do anything so they pulled out...

Our troops should come home, Merry xmas to them all:D

Comment

You are right Brian,cos after finding Bin Laden their will be others ready to take his place.This is not our War and for once should respect the internal workings of other countries.As we speak our Troops should be on their way home to their families.

Comment

Originally posted by coolcruiser, Wakefield View Post
        You are right Brian,cos after finding Bin Laden their will be others ready to take his place.This is not our War and for once should respect the internal workings of other countries.As we speak our Troops should be on their way home to their families.
        Hi Cool; Iagree with you and Brian,but while ever they are there they must be given our full support.Stan.

Comment

I wonder now many billions we could put into the economy if they had not been sent in the first place - what a waste of life and money. Bring them home now and save the anguish they and their families have to suffer every day of the week.
          May their gods be with them all in this difficut time.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          CC
          sigpic
          Cruisings Cool

Comment

Alexander the Great was the first to be defeated by/in Afghanistan, and I see no reason for things to have changed.

As Woody Guthrie wrote in his song "The Sinking of the Reuben James:

"Well many years have passed
            but still I wonder why
            The worst of men must fight
            and the best of men must die."
            sigpic

Comment

What has this to do with cruising?

Comment

Relevence??

Originally posted by davecttr, gillingham View Post
                What has this to do with cruising?
                You're right Dave,just a senior moment,not unlike when I used to go dancing to Gillingham Pavilion in the 60's,and that had nothing to do with dancing either,Stan;)

Comment

You're right Dave,just a senior moment,not unlike when I used to go dancing to Gillingham Pavilion in the 60's,and that had nothing to do with dancing either,Stan;)
                  Same at the Royal in London!!! To old for that now so I go crusin!!!

Comment

Well said Stan & May

'Greedy bankers' and 'global economy' will be the never forgotten phrase of all time, akin to the name 'Wall Street' which evokes stories of suicidal bankers and 'investors' throwing themselves off skyscrapers to their deaths.
                    I haven't heard of any of our monetory manipulators doing the same on either side of the pond - those that side of the Atlantic have probably copied the squirrel by stashing enough away for the winter, whereas here, no worries, our political masters will, and have, seen the unacceptable face of capitalism rewarded by baling-out their inept managements out of public funds, the consequences of which will be felt, especially by pensioners, for years to come.
                    The unrepentent perpetrators of this financial folly will hardly notice the difference, nor will it have any affect on their ill-gotten gains in fact, I believe they are preparing to pay themselves, and their adolescent roulette playing minions, an unearned bonus presumably out of rescue funds paid for by us.
                    In spite of all this furore the banks are holding on to our hard-earned savings whilst paying a derisory 'interest' rate of between 0.5% and 0.75% (well mine is) for quite substantial amounts invested with them.
                    Come the day of reckoning, and sadly some of us will not survive that long to see it, the money lenders, manipulators and greedy bankers will have their tight arthritis ridden claws forcibly opened as those of us who do survive will vote with where it hurts most by switching our money to those institutions, such as building societies, who have offered modest interest rates well above the high street banks and who I hope will prosper in the more settled future for their fairness.
                    How can they do it where the banks can not, or will not even match the competition? Yes, you're right, its the green-eyed GREED again.
                    Nice to have a change of subject on the forum, thanks for it and to you both may I wish you a Peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year - regrettably the customary 'Prosperous' New Year rather superflous except for bankers who don't have to wish for it, its guaranteed anyway.

Gordon and Mavis.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X