• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never mind a cruise, I need a boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind a cruise, I need a boat

I hope Walker (Jo) at Sellafield is OK - can you just let me know my love.

Well as you are probably aware, we have been flooded. Anyhow this is our local below, the waterfall is in fact the river coming over the bridge and if you look to the right you can just see the top of french windows to the terrace bar where we like to sit in summer!! (click to enlarge).

P201109_09.15.jpg

This is the bridge/road which is now a river, so who has a boat for me?

P201109_09.17.jpg

However we are both fine, even though our kitchen now has the added feature of a paddling pool (hell we are so posh) we still have humour.

xx

Hi Red Wine Girl, so sorry to hear of the terrible weather you are having and the flooding etc.. Glad you still have your excellent sense of humour! Jo is OK or was at 5.20 when she made a post under "Queuing for Customs" about the awful conditions there, but she got home safely. Do hope things 'dry out' very soon. Best Wishes, Lizzie x
    Lizzie sigpic

Comment

Thanks Liz I've found her.

Comment

Best of luck.

Originally posted by redwinegirl2, Lake District View Post
        ..................... we have been flooded. .................................
        Poor you and yours.

I can only try to imagine what it's like to have your home flooded.

Best of luck from Berkshire.

Harvey

Comment

Well as you are probably aware, we have been flooded. Anyhow this is our local below, the waterfall is in fact the river coming over the bridge and if you look to the right you can just see the top of french windows to the terrace bar where we like to sit in summer!! (click to enlarge).

[ATTACH]773[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]774[/ATTACH]

However we are both fine, even though our kitchen now has the added feature of a paddling pool (hell we are so posh) we still have humour.

xx
          Add an air line and you have a Jacuzzi

Comment

[ATTACH]773[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]774[/ATTACH]

xx
            Hello RWG2, Trust you to go one better with the paddling pool. Hope you're all OK up there. Hugs, J x

Comment

Oh you have my sympathy. I have been watching this miserable business unfolding over the past few days. Absolutely blooming awful, and just before Christmas too.

Comment

It really looks devastating for those poor people so glad that you are not too bad RWG2 hope it gets better soon

mrs.m
                life is great :D

Comment

Our thoughts are with you.

I have been in touch with a number of our friends up there and it sounds horrendous. One of our friends who lives near Cockermouth and is a photographer has shown us photos he took of the rescue operation in Cockermouth. The water had risen to the first floor level in Main Street.

Keep safe
                  Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. ;)

Comment

Hi, Red- sorry about your troubles, and your concerns for us. Glad to see that the hairdresser on the top floor will still be in business, as it's a regular haunt of ours!
                    Luckily, we're on the fast-draining sea front, although there was a sea-surge on Thursday, with the spring tides. Villagers are actually leaving IOUs at the shops, because the little bank was out of money!
                    Sellafield workers went home early on Thurs, which didn't help the traffic when several 1000s suddenly appeared on the roads- just as the rivers overflowed.
                    Collected our dog from the holiday park after our night away, and everyone's preparing the caravans for the influx.
                    We're all starting to plan our money-raising efforts now- I'll see if it runs to a boat, but you'll be in Morecambe Bay at that speed! Have you any ducks for your pond?
                    Love- Jo.
                    Jo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker, Seascale View Post
                      Hi, Red- sorry about your troubles, and your concerns for us. Glad to see that the hairdresser on the top floor will still be in business, as it's a regular haunt of ours!
                      Luckily, we're on the fast-draining sea front, although there was a sea-surge on Thursday, with the spring tides. Villagers are actually leaving IOUs at the shops, because the little bank was out of money!
                      Sellafield workers went home early on Thurs, which didn't help the traffic when several 1000s suddenly appeared on the roads- just as the rivers overflowed.
                      Collected our dog from the holiday park after our night away, and everyone's preparing the caravans for the influx.
                      We're all starting to plan our money-raising efforts now- I'll see if it runs to a boat, but you'll be in Morecambe Bay at that speed! Have you any ducks for your pond?
                      Love- Jo.
                      Here is a few for the pond

(http://www.totally-funky.co.uk/Pages/SubcatView.aspx?ID=35) (http://www.totally-funky.co.uk/Pages/SubcatView.aspx?ID=1270) (http://www.totally-funky.co.uk/Pages/ProductView.aspx?ID=2709&SID=1270)

Hope your place drys out soon

Comment

I may go the whole hog and turn the kitchen into a swimming pool (I am a dreadful cook so DH will be pleased). Kidding aside, our problem was storm damage rather than the floods (tiles on the roof hence the puddle in kitchen).

Jo - I will be on site a couple of times this week (hopefully) so I will bring a duck for you!! Take care.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X