• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Alternative' lyrics for songs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Alternative' lyrics for songs?

Here's a teaser for you all. I'm sure we all have a song we've heard where we don't quite hear the lyrics correctly and we make up our own words/phrases to fill in for what the singer actually says.

My favourite is the ABBA song "Chiquitita" which I replace with two words ......

DANGER:
    At this point I would warn you that once I have told you my alternative you will 'never' hear the song the original way again. So look away now if you don't wish to be affected!! You have been warned.

The words I substitute for "Chiquitita" are "Chicken Tikka" .... Now to see if you have been affected by my suggestion please listen to the song again here ᗅᗺᗷᗅ - Chiquitita (live '79) [complete] HD - YouTube and let me know if you are now converted .... hehe

Do you have a similar example ??

Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody (sp?) PORK SAUSAGES!
    Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
      My favourite is the ABBA song "Chiquitita" which I replace with two words ...... [B]
      I always thought it was "chuck your teeth out"
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Sophiesnores, Basingstoke View Post
        Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody (sp?) PORK SAUSAGES!
        Corr Helen I've listened to it again but cannot work out where that reference is ?

Comment

When a European Championship match comes on, the first word I hear is 'Lasagne'.

Comment

Hahaha this is a great thread!

I always wondered why the Police were singing about Sue Lawley...

Comment

I used to think Billy Ocean was singing "Go and get stuffed"!!

Jenny

Comment

Hehe nice examples Jenny & Pippa

Comment

I used to think that Creedence Clearwater Revival were always helpfully singing "there's a bathroom on the right..."

Comment

"Constant Craving" by K D Lang sounds exactly like "Can't Stand Gravy" and my OH thought for years that Suzi Quattro was sing "Down at Dimbleby Drive" instead of "Devil Gate Drive", it was only recently when he joined in with the radio and I heard him, that I pointed it out!..Carol

Comment

Originally posted by trevor432990, East Sussex View Post
                      Corr Helen I've listened to it again but cannot work out where that reference is ?
                      I was v young at the time, and hiding behind the sofa because the Scaramouch bit scared me ... spare him his life from these pork sausages (3 min 30 in), I know it doesn't sound like it but it did when I was 7 (7 was younger then than it is now!)

Helen

the keeper Loobyloo, Hugo and Tinkerbell (the cats) and The Cluckingtons (the chickens)

Comment

Ah thanks for confirming that Helen ... I agree the word is hardly decipherable it is actually 'monstrosity' pronounced in two syllables mon strosity which could be interpretted as anything which indeed you did ... Pork Sausages ... I love it !

Comment

[QUOTE=Sophiesnores, Basingstoke;410634]I was v young at the time, and hiding behind the sofa because the Scaramouch bit scared me ... spare him his life from these pork sausages (3 min 30 in), I know it doesn't sound like it but it did when I was 7 (7 was younger then than it is now!)

Brilliant Sophie, Can't wait to introduce my grand children to these "new" lyrics! I shall be playing Bo Rap forever now just to hear the "Pork sausages" line!

Comment

Nothing to do with mis-hearing the lyrics, but my dear old mum had her own words for so many songs.

John Brown's body was "My Father was a passenger on the Elder Dempster Line" and the chorus was "we were only playing leapfrog". Another version of the chorus of the same song was used on coach trips "does the driver want a wee wee, cause we want a wee wee too".

And at a sing along after a jolly lunch in Paris with some French friends, I was amused to learn the French Rugby version of "Oh When the Saints" (en se lave le sex au Martini").

Comment

In 1975 my five year-old twin daughters used to change the lyrics of Pilot's song 'January, sick and tired you've been hanging on me' to 'January, sick and tired of you pooing on me' much to the amusement of my older child. Regards, Brigit

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X