• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little known Christmas fact...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little known Christmas fact...

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.
    Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.
    Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.
    We should've known…...
    ONLY women would be able to drag a fat-ass man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.
    A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU

Originally posted by Smee, Burntwood View Post
    According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December.
    Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring.
    Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.
    We should've known…...
    ONLY women would be able to drag a fat-ass man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost.
    A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU

Now that is interesting,wonder if i dare show that to SWMBO

Comment

I must say it came as a huge surprise to me. You would not like to hear what I normally say about women drivers..

Comment

Hi Just as a side point should the other naughty reindeer who discriminated against Ruldoplh for having a physically different nose be given ASBOs for anti-social behaviour?
        Last edited by Alan, Newcastle-upon-Tyne; 15th December 2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Just a point from the Scandinavian Journal of Cervine Management

Both sexes grow antlers, which (in the Scandinavian variety) for old males fall off in December, for young males in the early spring, and for females, summer which help them to camouflage.

So potentially the reindeers could be young males! Hardy Bucks!!!!!!!

Comment

I would think the Reindeer would have to be adult to pull the weight of a sleigh full of presents and a big old guy in a red suit..

Comment

Originally posted by Smee, Burntwood View Post
              I would think the Reindeer would have to be adult to pull the weight of a sleigh full of presents and a big old guy in a red suit..
              not at all what are those well toned ripped strapping lads with too much energy there for?

Comment

How true. Even in the days of satellite navigation men still get lost by ignoring a women's voice on it. Maybe they think it belongs in the back with the back seat drivers.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                X