• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any exciting holidays planned besides a cruise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any exciting holidays planned besides a cruise?

I love reading the cruise reviews on this site and I may plan a quick weeks cruise in September round the Med. (or Scotland to see the Dolphins)

But I also love my Land holidays and I am always asking friends and work colleague's were they are planning on going for their holidays and I am always interested on what they thought of their chosen destination on their return so...

Do you have any holidays planned either alongside your cruise or do you fancy something else for a change?

Lynn

Not exactly exciting but 2 weeks in Rhodes with my daughter & family coming up soon. This will be our first holiday since my husband had a serious operation last year & we had to cancel our holidays. So we're all looking forward to a couple of weeks together mainly relaxing and spending time in the pool with my granddaughter. Everyone else says the water is too cold. My days of exciting holidays are long gone!

I'll check the Cruise TT website to see which cruise ships will be in and pop down to the port to see them. Not much showing up at the moment. Rhodes is a great port for cruises being so close to the town and the bus station. I love wandering about the back streets of the Old Town, great photo opportunities too.
    Last edited by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear; 25th April 2011, 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi,
      I can't think of a better holiday than spending it with your family, Rhoded is a beautiful place, I have only spent a day their and you dont get to see enough in one day do you.
      Have a lovely safe holiday with your family.
      Lynn

Comment

For our main holiday we pretty well always have a planned stay somewhere with a cruise tagged on to the end. It may just be a few days in the port of departure, but more often a 7 night stay requiring a further flight to get to the cruise port.

As much as I love cruising, I love seeing some places for more than just a few hours in a port of call............Wilba
        Wilba

Comment

I love my cruising, and for me, a family holiday ashore I just get bored of very quickly.

As we live 500 miles away from our nearest family our other holidays are mostly spent down in Englandshire, catching up with parents, grandkids and friends....

Comment

Just got back from Ventura on Friday and are off in 5 weeks for 5 days to Majorca with our grown up daughter and son. The 1st family holiday altogether for 6 years, then off to Madeira in the summer.
            Husband still likes his land holidays but after Ventura he may just be changing his opinion, so next year may be more cruises.
            Trish

Comment

Just got back from Boston on a girls break. It's very important to have a few days away with girl friends. I have another booked later on in the year, also US based but not Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Trish, sudbury View Post
                Just got back from Ventura on Friday and are off in 5 weeks for 5 days to Majorca with our grown up daughter and son. The 1st family holiday altogether for 6 years, then off to Madeira in the summer.
                Husband still likes his land holidays but after Ventura he may just be changing his opinion, so next year may be more cruises.
                Trish
                Hi Trish,
                you lucky lady, 3 holidays so far, I am so jealous

We are going to Toronto for a couple of weeks and we plan on watching the fireworks over Niagara falls on Canad day, my OH say I plan too much but he doesnt know what he's talking about t:wink I dont think I plan too much but I certainly research, for instance I have been online this morning booking 4 tickets for the Whirlpool jet on Canada day and my husband says we should just arrive on the day rather than book ahead (he hates parting with money before he needs to) I told him we are arriving at the falls on Canada day so no way on this Earth will you get tickets on the day and besides that, you save $7.50 pp by booking online!

Now, he understands about saving money so he finally agreed with me
                Lynn

Comment

Cant remember the last time I had a girly weekend, Boston is different, would you recommend it?
                  Lynn

Comment

I go twice a year to stay with a girlfriend and yes, I would recommend Boston. It's fun, clean, elegant but not stuffy, vibrant and safe.

Comment

Toronto sounds lovely Lynn. I am not great with flying so try and keep it shorthaul. Have to say I loved sailing out of Southampton for the 1st time.
                      Trish

Comment

Originally posted by Trish, sudbury View Post
                        Toronto sounds lovely Lynn. I am not great with flying so try and keep it shorthaul. Have to say I loved sailing out of Southampton for the 1st time.
                        Trish
                        Toronto is one of the best cities in the world. I would probably rate it second in our experience to Singapore.
                        Last edited by Mrs M; 25th April 2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Mrs M, It must be lovely to be so far travelled. Im afraid I haven't ventured out of Europe. Our daughter who has travelled to many places does keep saying we must get out there and see the rest of the world. Well maybe one day!!!!!!

Comment

Nowhere as glam as some of the above. But I am off to Bath for a couple of days tomorrow and Malvern Fri/Sat spending time with our friends and taking our pug for break. If it is sunny like today it will be fantastic if not it will still be a good break :-)

Comment

Not cruising this year ,but going to Orlando for two weeks in July,this will be my third visit.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X